Life goes on - Winter 2023

Ah, and the wedding photo is “staged” if you look closely the left cyclone is rusted out, and soot collector has rusted of.
We went on honeymoon in my brothers old Volvo 740 16v. :rofl:

10 Likes

A couple days ago I started cutting and splitting next winter’s firewood and I was able to walk around dryshod. Yesterday more snow was dumped at us :frowning:

17 Likes

Just because something is true doesn’t mean you have to say so Goran. The third video was just a hint to that effect. And it’s not like I’m smart enough to know that gasifier didn’t work and take you off to pleasureville. Oh well, you can’t have seen everything. I’m not a quitter.

9 Likes

Hi Tom, i hope i don’t insulted you by accident? I don’t try to be a “know it all” guy, sometimes i don’t understand what i read, and sometimes i don’t understand what i write. (Worse)
Trying to keep up, writing don’t always mean the same, even if translation is correct.
(Seven years of (British!) English in school…)

Please keep the videos coming, if you find one i haven’t seen, it’s a win-win situation :smiley: :wink: :crazy_face:

15 Likes

I was just pulling your chain Goran. That’s what buddies do. You are not going to insult me and even if you did I’m probably too dense to realize it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

We are getting snow ‘dumped’ on us too! well technically there are little tiny flakes and no accumulation. But I -might- get another run of sap for maple syrup. The holes -may- have closed on the trees during the warm weather.

8 Likes

Haha, good then, i guess im a little nervous sometimes :blush:
Not that socially competent maybe…

11 Likes

Göran, I consider you an expert in that field (as well) and that’s no joke.

Social competence that is…

8 Likes

It isn’t that i don’t like you or even thought you were ever socially incompetent. But I’ll just say it, Whether you are or are not socially competent is completely irrelevant when you own more chainsaws then i have body parts and a tracked machine that crawls faster then i can run. :rofl:

11 Likes

Sory JO, culdnt resist :smile:

8 Likes

Spring is very near, green grass :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Good morning Wayne, I know you do not want to repeat your self in your videos, but keep in mind there are new people watching besides all of us older members. I personally never get tired of you talking about how your truck and how it works as it goes down the road in gasification mode. You might have 15 likes but more have watched the videos in the back ground not wanting to make themselves known. They are just checking out what this DOW is about. So what is known to us members of what you are doing DOW, is not clear to the them that are watching for the first time. HWWT.

10 Likes

What about that old summer video, Kristijan? Don’t you have a more resent one? :smile:

5 Likes

ugh. My parents Geothermal HVAC was having issues. Called the techs out. They checked it out… They found an actuator valve wasn’t closing. And supposedly something is wrong with the thermostat. The system needs to be flushed since it hasn’t been done in 11-2 years, but they didn’t bring the stuff to flush it, and weren’t inclined to come back out to do it since the now defunct company that installed it didn’t put on hose connectors which may have taken care of the valve issue. They wanted 1200 to replace the actuator valve and thermostat. The valve is 150 dollars and the thermostat is 260 dollars online. They charge an 85 dollar parts acquisition fee. Then they asked for a review. I don’t even know what to put. ‘friendly, did a good job isolating the problems, but came unprepared to do a regular system maintenance routine, and quoted me the ‘we don’t want to do it’ price’?

I don’t want to do it because it is my mom’s baby and all I will hear is complaints about why her sewing machine won’t work since it I fixed the furnace.

10 Likes

Apparently, there is a bad cap on the actuator and they other looks like it might be going as well. I just replaced the actuator and not the valve. I’m hoping it takes Care of the thermostat issue as well which might be caused by an under voltage situation… If the board wasn’t epoxied in i would have just replaced the caps.

5 Likes

Did my front brakes on my 2011 Sierra. It was making a whining noise above 35mph. Come to find out my pad clips had gotten warped or something and the little leaf springs that hold the pads back had started rubbing on the rotors.

Also I noticed on each caliper, one guide pin was greased and the other was bone dry. I lightly greased the dry ones, they had just a little bit of surface rust but they weren’t sticking or worn down. I found that really odd.

Pads weren’t worn down too much but I know they’d need to be changed sometime this year, and the noise was driving me crazy. Rotors look fine, there’s the tiniest stripe of a hotspot where the springs were rubbing.

These brakes were pretty dang easy to do all things said and done.

14 Likes

Woke up to this this morning. I was hoping the Northeners wuld help me explain what this is

21 Likes

#1 Your washing machine overflowed.
#2 They added laundry soap to the stuff in the chemtrails. Sort of like tracer bullets, so they would know exactly who they were poisoning.
#3 Spring took a little vacation.

Of course my default is going to be #2

15 Likes

Kristijan, I’m equally confused about the green stuff underneath.

17 Likes

A humbling down “gift” from too much early Spring hubris???
Four nice days here and now days and days of cold sky and rain, raining.

Here. I’ll file this one as learning to adapt over to a better Technique to get a job done.
I knew with variable weather still we’d be needing more dry woodstove fuel. Time to break down the been held back; aged, and broken wooden shipping pallets.
In the past I’d beat then apart with the splitting maul, and long-heavy iron pry-bars. A lot of noisy, sweating, work.
Then later small woodgasifer feeding I was breaking them down with a corded circular saw. Really, really dangerous. Hacking and coughing on all of the fine flung around sawn dusts. That circular blade WILL bind as the pallet loses it integrity, and the whole saw want to buck around out of your hand. Sooner versus later you Will hit a hardened spiral shank nail gone sideway around a knot. Ruining the $$. circular blade.
Then I’d chainsaw break them down. Lots and lots of kerf made saw chips made. And again that wandering nail found. Then lots of chain teeth filing. Not wood cutting. File stroke sweating. My frog-green gifted to me Poulan corded saw found a nail . . .

And the chainsaws do need and use a lot of bar oil too.

So onto my new battery one-hand reciprocating blade Milwaukee Haczall saw:

Eight mostly oak pallets done mostly standing upright.
Two wheel barrels worth of fuel.

A little bit more time to do. But easy, mostly stand-up working.
Very little sawn dust made with the 3TPI, narrow kerf blade. And none to speak of dusted and flung about into the air.
True use costs?
I did hit two nails. That, and the wear, finished out the life on a $10. hardened steel blade.
I did cycle down use two of my expensive Li-ion batteries. The 6ah. And one of the 5ah. Call that $.50-.75 in battery-use cycling-costs. BUT NO bar oil needed. I did use some generator power recharging those batteries. Say, $1.00 in fuel use. Grid electricity would have been maybe at the most $.15

What the use your battery equipments now advocates always leave out is the battery-use cycling-expense. 500 cycles; give or take, and you will need to step-up and buy new batteries to keep that equipment working. I’ve been having to do than now for 20 years.
No different then use; using-up; saw chains, files, drive sprockets, and the bars them selves.
Steve unruh

12 Likes