Max Gasman's Audi

Ha! Our antsestots were pegan too just a few hundred years ago. We are the decendants of Slaves, Celts, and Germanics. All deeply pegan.
A traditional Slovenian is light haired and gray eyed. Tall, strong and with a bit of red in the cheeks.
I have Austrian/German blood blended in my slavic/celtic DNA, so l am brown eyed/haired but my wife is 100% Slovenian. Hard to find a more authentic one. So is my son. Looks like its a strong gene :smile:

As for the other things, we are much alike. I wuldnt have a problem with raw haring my self but substitute it with pork, leave the distilates and non destilates, potatoes roasted in hot ashes, and we are on the same page :smile:

3 Likes

Hybrid vigor is REAL.
Too sad it only seems to last 1-2 generations.
J-I-C Steve Unruh

1 Like

Happy midsummer Max. We still have light in the sky until 10 PM and losing light daily now.

1 Like

Hi, Bill!

Thanks! Yes, over the 60* parallell the sun does not settle at all in the midsummer night!

Now going towards december ~21 and no sun at all!
Northern drama…

Enjoy the summer and new gadgets, preparing for next winter!

4 Likes

Helow. Max it sounds as if you may be close too alaska, as there winters are dark till summer, then again i know very little of global weather trends.

Hi, Kevin!

From just below the 60* parallell a 1000 km northwards, just overhelmed by the norwegian Nordkap fjord mountains in the far north.

1 Like

At leaste you have some nice wild country gods country near by.God is good,thats a big plus too me.

1 Like

March
Now and then, it is easier to do “meaningful” skizzes showing intended proportions correct…

To do that, a “drawing cancas” might be helpful.
Here are 5 samples, fitting a screen with the measures:

1280 X 1024 mm

!

IMG_20180324_0003|352x500!

IMG_20180324_0004|352x500!

IMG 20180324 0005|363x500

Hi max, what is the sketch for, I know you said a foam filter the size of a matress, i could use a matress just too catch the heat riseing from my heated hopper.Good afternoon. Max.jokeing on the later said.

Hi, Kevin!
Conseption varies!

Well hi max i need some open sell foam for after my hay filter filter, i like your ideas on extra filtering, more time and i will try getting your type of hot filter working set up.more filtering is less cleaning later at the intake manifold and heads,Now then if we all had a 92 too 96 v8 dakota we could just put a torch too the throtle plate once a month or so and all carbon soot burns and rolls out the tail pipe in form of black smoke. Thats much easyer if and it seems too work good that way on the v8 dakots for intake cleaning, Not too many motors have the proper air flow too match wood gas, for intake cleaning that we know of yet that cleans itself in about 5 minuts or less.Thanks.

Hi, Kevin!
There we go, again!
Nobody seems to bother how big diesel trucks night and day are rolling through
desert sandstorms without any trouble!

Could it be something to do with filtering?

And now lazy drivers prefere risking and burning, ruining motor heads intead of
cleaning an extra filter at normal service intervalls along with other ash emtying!

Open cell matress foam is used wet, after cooling – condensing.
Paper filters are used after gas re-warming on gasifier or cyclone walls.

" Waltz number 18" by MaxG

4 Likes

Sorry about the proper order my mind slows way down by the end of winter, good thing winter is on the other side of the time clock,I will check for the foam for after the cooling and hay filter side. For some reason when i shut off my 4.3 truck engine, it trys too stay running or deiseling, i think its because i ran two barrels of wood through my motor trying too just use cyclones and no hay filter and that was not a good idea plan.i am about too put v8 in my s10 as it gobbles wood any way, and then i will have better towing abillitys with less push on the peddle.what is wals #18 by mg? THANKS.

Hi Kevin"
Just a misspelling! Corrected!

Max; May I ask a question please? On this side of the pond we often talk about “sketches”. You have s word “skizzes” and we on this side of the pond thought you were referring in your language to our word “sketch”. I am getting a feeling that we a wrong for thinking this. “My” interpretation " a quickly executed drawing or painting maintaining relative proportions with out detail to dimensions". Would this be “close” to your definition of “skizzes” or do skizzes contain relative dimensions? Our “engineering drawings are drawn to scale. I am getting the feeling a 'skizze” would be like an engineering drawing with possibly only one perspective, but drawn on a grid where dimensions are approximated by the number of grides (hashes?
TomC

Look at your keyboard Tom. The C is next to the V. My fat fingers do that quite often :frowning_face:

1 Like

Thank you Don, I will correct my post to delete that question.TomC

Hi, Tom!
Good for clarity. In the theater-world a sketch is a short “situation scene” (play).
A skizz (Swedish: Skiss) is a fast drawn illustration of the essential idea in a construction,
including right proportions, if neccessary for correct information.
Usually in only one plane (one perspective)
My 5 “canvas” examples are just “drawing paper” for that purpose…

5 Likes

Hearth calculations
Easy way to calculate hearth volume without manually squaring and rooting numbers:

You only need to keep track of the avalache angle, and the inlet air expansion, in “Kelvin steps” from the absolute zero point.
A round approximation for preheated inlet air would be
2 steps = 2 X 273*C = 546 * Celsius absolute.
2 steps means a doubling of the volume (at the same pressure)
You can also set the double area compared for cold air.
This applies for the nozzle-tips (all together), then divide the area with the nozzle count for the individual area.

Starting point for the nozzle velocity is, that at freezing point the air need is ~60% of the delivered gas (at the same 0*C point)

Frustrated with Frustum?

3 Likes

Waiting for a better day!
Remove! Delete!