Mazda B2000 Attempt, or Cody's Wackadoodle Builds

What?
I gather there is an entire section of things for members only.
Is this a WK thing?

Marcus, I couldn’t belive it the first time you showed us draining rail condensate - gallons only driving home from work :smile: I would have expected a cup, tops :smile:

3 Likes

The way i understand you only want to use 1/2 of tank for liquid, other 1/2 for gas storage for take off from stop. I believe somewhere Wayne said use biggest tank you have room for. I’m using a stainless steel beer keg, inlets center in ends. Outlets at top side. Blower/ suction at 3/4. Drain on bottom side

2 Likes

And that was a 35 mile drive in now it’s 55 miles one way. The dry maple I ran did collect quite a bit less but still had to empty everything every day

2 Likes

Yes the Premium side is to help protect the Intellectual Property of Wayne, and others have used that side for the BenP system as well.

I guess the reasoning is when you buy Premium you have some skin in the game.

I like to see if specific info is publicly available from the horse’s mouth before I share something. MEN shows in a diagram their nozzle layout. When you buy their plans they have more crucial details hidden from their public articles. It’s worth the 30? dollars I paid for it. Physical print big sheets of paper large print with pictures.

However, the way I’m delivering the air is nothing like how MEN does theirs, mine is more like an Imbert air jacket.
I think I’m taking more from the Swedish playbook than anyone else with this build :joy:

1 Like

With a 1/2 Keg being just over 15 gallons you’d still get a good 6 or 7 gallons before it turns into a bubbler, so that’s not bad.

I only know one thing is for certain, no matter how much I try to gussy up this truck, Wayne won’t have to worry about finding a barn to park behind.

This Mazda is permanently the Ugly Best Friend that every mean girl keeps around. I’ll instantly make your truck look better. :joy::rofl:

If someone dared to call me an artist I would probably want to psychoanalyze them, or maybe they’re a fan of Abstract or Brutalism.

3 Likes

I ordered an 80% Wool flame retardant military blanket. Hopefully it breathes well. It will filter the gas after cooling. I’m not looking for any groundbreaking innovations with this pickup truck, only to prevent a serious gumming of the carburetor. Considering filling the bag with wood chips or pine straw. It will be sewn up, and then clamped to a stand pipe welded to the lid of the filter body, myriad of holes drilled in the stand pipe to even up the flow.

Gas will enter from the very bottom of the filter body to help prevent condensate pooling up.

I’m using the Transformer Case that Steve Bowman gave me from our meetup. I think it’s a very good size and the steel is plenty thick. I need to repair the lid a little, the channel that used to hold the gasket is missing a small section but that’s no big deal. I’ll fill that channel up with some silicone and smooth it out with a putty knife.

If this cheap blanket fails me I’ll probably just use more of my upholstery material. It was standing up to the heat from the Diagonal Draft pretty well.

2 Likes

Cody,
I’m glad to see you are using my leftovers. They were more durable than needed for a SimpleFire and too difficult to work with my light-duty tools.

5 Likes

I think the hardest part is figuring out what exactly to do with it all.

I’m not sure what I’ll do with the stainless steel boxes you gave me, maybe a filter for a smaller unit.

1 Like

OK thanks cody , AND you should be fine posting any of your own experimental designs, any thing can be posted other than the WK design, as for as i know any way, because that what helps keep this website up and running. Mostly the inturnal designs from the book prohibited I THINK.

1 Like

Is that 5–5–5 air nozel design/ 1/4" / for a 2.0 motor from the imbert chart design.? It will be nice too see how it works out with 2.0 motor. Good Luck with the design TEST.

2 Likes

It’s 10 nozzles in total, 5 use a 90 degree street elbow to point straight up it prevents bridging, and 5 straight across. Mother Earth News used this idea for their stationary gasifiers. Ron Lemler has a gasifier with those kinds of nozzles but I think he has 16 nozzles for his Inline 6.

The plugs are the jet tips so I can tune it. 3/8" plumbing threads. Biggest I can go is a 3/8" nozzle by just putting in pipes for the tips but I’m using 1/4" holes in the plugs. Real small.

Another thing is the coupler halves I’m welding in will be on two rows, so if I don’t like the Up facing nozzles I can swap for more straight across and have two rows of regular nozzles. Or just plug them up.

Got it, thanks for clearing the design up for me.How deep is the charbed for 2.0 motor with imbert design,THANKS Man, good work. I need too weld some 5/8" or 3/4" nuts too my air nozels too extend the life of my fire tube, before i put a fire in this one i am building, I see things i would change on my next build, but nesissary,till this one rust through the hopper.My next simular unit will get a removable hopper though,And hopefully a sheet metal roller, too make some neat rounder hoppers, heat exchanger housings, &so on.

1 Like

Well it’s a 10" diameter firetube, 12" tall. I am welding the Reduction into the bottom of the firetube so it can collect ashes around and self insulate. 6" diameter pipe, 5 inches long Reduction. I made a removable choke plate Restriction and it’s 3.5". Measuring from the restriction my straight away nozzles will be about 4" above I can’t remember off the top of my head. Pretty good char volume but nowhere close to what a WK has.

1 Like

Got my strainers in! Stainless steel. The mat is in Inches, from biggest to smallest it’s 5.25", 4", 3.25".

Trying to figure out the best way to attach this into the system, maybe slip it into the coupler?

It would be annoying to make gaskets for these I think.

Sounds good, should be big enough charbed for 4 cylinder, The 10 inch burn tube might like a little smaller wood chunks, too manage bridgeing, probley not too much smaller chunks,anyway. I got a 10" burn tube all set up with ceramic fiber blanket, i plan on useing for home generator, and welder power generator, too power welder.Probley a common 4cyl.

2 Likes

I’ve got my wood in between golf ball and pingpong ball sized.
Kevin you should make a thread on it when you get started on that gasifier! Is it 10" after the ceramic was put in or before?

It should work at a coupler. if it is a pipe thread coupler, it might trim it to the right size for you but it should be leak proof. If it isn’t too hot, you could use the teflon tape to help seal it.

Ya it was 10" after the ceramic blanket went inside a 14" propane tank sleeve, then i covered ceramic with water heater metal or propane tank steel, my memerory seems like bad these days, Im 64 years young in june this year.shit happens i gess. its all sitting under roof in my shed till i get time for generator project set up for back up power. i just hung a couple cyclons on each side of the hopper/burn tube, I need too make a WK heat exchanger too recover more waist heat, it should be easy’er on wood useage with more heat recycle heat exchanger.Less chance makeing tar once heated up good.Probley make a half the size of the dakota heat exchanger on a four cyclinder rig.

2 Likes