Mazda B2000 Attempt, or Cody's Wackadoodle Builds

Reduction is welded in place. Next, nozzles and to add a lip to the choke plate so it won’t rattle around.

Reduction is 5 inches tall, meant to collect ash for self insulation.

4 Likes

After welding on that 6" galvanized pipe I washed my hands and face, wiped out my nose, and I’m now drinking a couple glasses of milk.

4 Likes

Ordered a 2lb spool of some stainless steel flux wire, and 4 feet of some 2" 304 stainless 16ga tubing. Going to make barbs from them for my cooling condensate and my hopper condensate tanks.
Eventually I’d like to make my cooling rail corners out of all stainless but I already have a bunch of fence post and EMT. I figure I’d at least want the places that collect the nasties to last the longest, I can connect them with rubber hose couplings to the mild steel stuff.

3 Likes

What happened to your kidney stone?

3 Likes

Finally passed it yesterday thank God! It’s the size of a peppercorn and looks like one too. I collected it with a strainer and washed it, and bagged it up.

I’m still just a bit tender but I didn’t need pain meds to sleep last night.

8 Likes

Ouch that was a big one. Glad it is passed and gone. Keep drinking a lot of water. Just in case there is some tiny small ones to follow.
Bob

4 Likes

My milk can arrived! It’s a fat little guy. I got one used for a little cheaper, it reeks of something. I think the former owner kept reefer in here it’s unbearably stinky.

3 Likes

That is a nice milk can, Cody :+1:
You mentioned earlier you wanted something to fit a strainer in, i don’t know if these are available in the states, but i think they should work perfect.

I don’t know what you call them, but direct translation from swedish would be: dairy plant unions.

Stainless steel, flanges weldable to what you want, the blue seal can be changed to something heat resistant. Very coarse thread, easy to disassemble, never get stuck.

I believe they could be find worldwide? They are always classified in inches?
Maybe suppliers for home-distilling sells them, i’ve seen them being used in that way?

5 Likes

Oh a Sanitary Fitting! That seems like a good idea.

4 Likes

I just remembered the name of the other type of this fittings: tri-clamp, should be even better.

3 Likes

Ah yes I use triclamps a lot. Just need to find a right diameter one.

3 Likes

Sealing this way

3 Likes

That gives me an idea, I may be able to use a 3" PVC pipe union to hold the emergency filter. A Triclamp union would also work, I think.

2 Likes

Swiss cheese! Now to weld in the nozzles.

Top row done.

Working on bottom row. Taking a break to find my tiny monkey wrench.

4 Likes

Air jacket was being stubborn to slide back on. Used inertia of dropping the hearth and air jacket together on the ground to slide it on. Thumb got caught in between and broke my nail. OUCH. Bones don’t feel broken I’ll be alright after some R&R. I’ve got it wrapped up for padding so I don’t bump into something and do another Tarzan yell.

In better news my stainless pipe came in! It’s apparently some piping made for bar foot rests, fairly thick stuff it’ll make great hose barbs.

8 Likes

still given the thumbs up I see :wink: :+1:

6 Likes

supper glue might help too, i droped my thin blade cutt off wheel on my corded 4-1/2" grinder last week, i think it went in by my midle finger nail a good 1/2–3/8", so i rinced it till bleeding slowed down, and then dried it enough too supper glue, about healed now week and half, lost a little surface skin, thats about all, and it keep the dirt out while healing below the supper glue. OCH.

2 Likes

I’ve been putting on manuka honey gel and bandaids. I don’t think I’m gonna lose the nail, both halves are still attached to the cuticle.

5 Likes

Not to worry Cody. I have the cure for everything.

4 Likes

Alrighty, got the air jacket welded on, nozzles are all snug. Just need to weld in some pipe for an Air Inlet and then test for any leaks. I don’t think I have any but I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again.

Added a collar to the choke plate, I’m a little off center but I don’t think that’ll ruin anything, I hope.

I’ve been thinking that if I want to run this in Wet Char mode I can remove the choke plate for a 6" restriction.

9 Likes