Monster Garage airs January 4th

I’m happy to say that Monster Garage has featured something we are all interested in on this forum.
All I’m allowed to say is that the episode my twin and I, along with a handful of other fabricators, will appear on Discovery and Discovery Plus App on January 4th for our viewing pleasure.
The build team will be watching it for the first time just as everyone else but I can say it’s not a failure!

Can’t wait to disclose more once the episode airs.

9 Likes

Hello Kyle .

Thanks for the update .
Please keep us all posted :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks Wayne!
Everyone will know when I’m free of legal grip to post my personal content of the build.
My brother and I have shed some much needed light on our mutual hobby the best way anyone could in that situation. But we will see when it airs.
It’s “Reality” tv after all…
Trust me I’m very excited to share this soon.

6 Likes

Good morning Kyle .

I completely understand that you can’t talk about the project but maybe it would be OK for you to say one word ( truck / car ) or better still one letter t/c :smiley: :blush:

6 Likes

Kyle,
I’m looking forward to seeing what you came up with and hearing about the details later. Thanks for letting us know.

6 Likes

Did this air yet? Very curious to see Kyle’s build.

5 Likes

Yeah Im wonding too, This market just come roaring back and Im looking for the source of it. I just sold more in two days than I have in the last two years combined!!! lol

8 Likes

My episode will show Monday the 11th. Glad to hear the interest and the demand is up! Soon my brothers!

4 Likes

You are right MattR.,
Something has twigged folk’s attention lately.
I just had the two little girls in at the nearest used book store.
The newest owner a former 5th grade school teacher had put out three Paladin-Press survival books, front center displayed. I got one I’d never seen “Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat”.
Buying it; plus a series thriller novel (Ha! and SIX Noel selected golden books and one Rose selected kids DVD) she asked me what I knew travel trailer generators.
Something’s got her and her husband all stirred up.
Mixed folks in/out, my kids, other kids so I could not ask, just recommend specific brands of inverter-generators.
Next time maybe, slow day and I’ll quiz her.
S.U.

5 Likes

Going live tommorow at 7PM for the viewing of Monster Garage. Join us as the build team will be there to share the excitement of our own episode! Here is a link to join! https://bit.ly/2XeQYDy
If you have a chance to watch the episode, please let me know your thoughts! Woodgas is life my Brothers :fire:

1 Like

Hello Kyle .

Thanks much for the link , will be tuned in :grin:

3 Likes

Alright, episode is showing on the Discovery plus app. So I’ll finally get to throw you all a bone.

4 Likes

Kyle,
I just watched the episode on Discovery+. Way to Go! Plenty of drama and a happy ending. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you can give us more details about the build. Things you learned? What can you tell us about how well the turbo worked?
Congratulations!

3 Likes

No Discovery here, but, congratulation. I’m sure it is a good show.

2 Likes

I have alot of personal photos and videos to share. I’ll set up a youtube account to share videos soon. As everyone knows, drama and reality tv can be pure insanity. The hearth was WAY TOO SHORT as you can see along with many other design barriers. With the limited knowledge from the rest of the crew it was hard to keep all aspects perfect. I’m honestly surprised it did so well. But we made sure it was going to run hell or high water.

7 Likes

Good morning Kyle . Thanks for the link.

4 Likes

I used the free trial on Discovery+ to watch the show. Looks good, nice Vette! I too am curious about the turbo.

What happens to the car after the show is done? Somebody should be driving it!

4 Likes

Kyle,
Congratulations on the success. The reasonable concerns expressed on the “TV Show Casting: Wood Gas Car Expert” thread about the potential negative impact of TV drama on our “craft” didn’t appear to be an issue in the end. I would like to think that you and your brother helped to keep a lid on the craziness which could have occurred. Perhaps the comments on the other thread helped as well. By the way, I caught a glimpse of my Toyota near the beginning of the show. Looking forward to learning more about how it all transpired.

4 Likes

Trust me, I went in there to hold a level head and keep the words civil. But there’s always a breaking point. Definitely a week full of stress. I don’t like how crazy it all seems but relieved that it was successful. I apologise for the strong language :sweat_smile:. Just like the original post during the cast search, 5 days to build a vehicle to run on wood is a big job. Add a corvette, turbo, and other “surprises” in the mix? It would have failed if we didn’t have that big angry push in the end.
The accomplishment of this car is All Smoke and No Mirrors :wink:
I hope everyone can watch it and don’t be shy to tell me what you think!

2 Likes

6 Likes