My book came in!

Got my book last night. I was very glad to see it in my mail box. I just want to thank Wayne and Chris again for making this web site and for writing the book and sharing this knowage with us all. You fellows did some good work with the book. A DVD would be cool to have also.

Got mine too, What a great job! Can’t say enough good about everything you guys do. Thanks

Got mine today! Great work guys! I just had a few minutes to flip through it and now it’s a half hour later and I’m still grinning!
Thanks again Wayne & Chris.
Tim J

Did the mail man just put a big yellow envelope in the box?
Yup.
Darn Tom got his book and the ear scratching will be pretty slim for awhile

SWEM …

Just a note to say thanks for the book I got mine and still on the hunt for my materials but the truck is another issue!! Still looking for one and am hoping to start my build this weekend!! Thanks again for the book hope it doesn’t get too dirty in the shop as it will be by my side!!! My Wood Bible you might say!!

Just got back from North West Florida to find my new WK book. Thanks guy’s. I like Wayne’s phrase, " in a pinch a dead cat will get you 6 miles". You lost points with my wife on that one Wayne.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve used the dead cat comment more than once when trying to explain woodgas to friends. And yes, it always erupts into laughter. Then again, I’ve talked about making ethanol from cattails and always have to explain that I’m talking about the plant, not feline body parts.

1 Like

Got my book today… way up here in Northern Ontario… Hey TerryL you should be getting your book soon too… :slight_smile:

Terry, I need an address so I can send yours.

Just FYI, I emailed everyone to ask for mailing addresses about 2 weeks ahead of printing, and there’s about 15 people who haven’t responded yet. I realize I should have gotten addresses from the beginning, but a surprising number of you have moved since then. :slight_smile:

My email may have hit a few spam filters, and if so I understand. Regardless, I can’t mail books without addresses. I’ll be sending out a second email to try and reach those folks later today.

If you see this and your book hasn’t gotten to you yet (especially in the US), please email me your current mailing address and see if I mailed yours!

Maybe put up a news article on the front page saying something along the lines of “IF YOU PRE-ORDERED A BOOK (OR BOUGHT A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP) BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT YET, I MAY NEED YOUR UPDATED MAILING ADDRESS.”

My book finished its journey yesterday, its not going anywhere for a while :slight_smile: thanks again guys.

Got my book today in Belgium. Thanks Wayne and Chris for making this web site and for writing this book and sharing this knowledge with us all.
Awesome Job!!! Thank You both.
cheers.

1 Like

Hey All my book came in Friday the 8th. Do to a my fault photoing dropping it into the wet pick-up bed incident it has taken me an extra day to dry it out and read it.
I went directly to the grate shaking info as something I had not been able to see/read in the proof submissions. O.K. Sweet, and simple, and direct alright.
Then the unexpected surprises:
Professor David Bransby’s two page introduction section.
Then the whole ending 17 page “Appendix C - Final Report” section. OH MY!
O.K. math guys who only believe and think on numbers here it is:
Pictures, stated conditions and testing of the Kieth system under scientific monitored loaded running.
First the charted, graphed and pictured results on straight wood fuel, then with 10% swtich grass blend briquettes; then 10% commercial heating system water broiler fuel pellets; then with 10% plastic.
This is followed up by pages of Certificated Laboratory Analysis of these fuel stocks down to 23 individual componets characteristics.
Add your own maths to interpret the results generated.
Me?
Wood is Good for its low 1.93% ash, reasonable 55.66% volatiles, and good 29.23% fuel oxegen. Yes. Wood is the original “oxygenated” “clean burn” fuel.
Had by far the highest Miles/US Gal of Gasoline Equivalency and the highest Miles per MMBtu.
Switchgrass just ok due to it’s higher 2.90% ash; does have a higher 68.14% volatiles and a higher fuel oxegen at 34.90%. The #2 fuel results mix.
Combustion Broiler fuel pellets are #3 with a horrendous 23.13% ash, lower 53.41% volatiles and lower 25.61% fuel oxegen. The lowest carbons too.
Finally plastic with the 3rd highest 7.41% ash (bad as my bark woods); a super high 91.09% volatiles and absolutly lowest fuel oxegen at only 2.10%. But this plastic fuel mix with the highest Lab rated BTU by a factor of over 2X had the lowest make it drive as far as possible results.
Ha! Ha! Why?
Wood has a quicker, more complete, gases exchange reactive, open cell stucture versusd these other densified fuels.
Wood had a reasonable, more fully usable 13.33% carbon to balance against the available fuel oxegen. The wood fuel had the highest fuel mosture at 29.08%. Hot as a good gasifer gets and with the huge heat energy reserve and heat recycling built into the Kieth and ENGINE systems a usable pecentage of this fuel wood moisture is being disassociated, and then used. Thats what the produced gases numbers say, and the recorded driven results numbers say to me.

Mr Wayne, ChrisKy and Professor of Bioenergy/Auburn University David Bransby thanks for this hard numbers treat.

Regard
Steve Unruh

thanks for the explanation Steve. i had looked at that appendix and was scratching my head on how to interpret it all.

and thanks to Wayne and Chris for the EXCELLENT book. Well Done!

Hi Chris,
I haven’t got the correct address, will get it tomorrow, and pass it on.

I gotta agree with Doug the book is sure easy on these over 50 eyes!

Well, mine came in few days ago. Sweet! A real hands-on book for gasifier building, operating and maintenance. Got about a yard of woodgasbooks now, but for those who want to start fast, easy and good, this is the one you need.

Mr Wayne and Chris, my compliments!

Regards,
DJ

Thanks Mr. John and all the others that have commented on the book.

I am truly humbled by the reactions .

Wayne

Hi, got my book today, awesome! The thumbprints really threw me, had to check twice. I’m a boiler guy, leave soot everywhere:) I’m a newbee, have a truck (beast), but scrounging up parts. New England will never be the same. You guys will be hearing from me, million questions. Looking forward to starting on this. Thanks again, book is great Kevin O.