My first small engine run

Thanks again PETE i thought maybe a funnel shaker would work though i dont see how those hopper shakers work yet.are there any discriptions on your thread pages.?

There are only a couple references at comments 110 and 410, it’s a pretty easy setup.

Here’s the imbert chart with the first column (mm) converted to inches.

Dr Dh
inches
A 10 9/16"/ 2 3/8"
B 10 9/16"/ 3 1/8"
C 10 9/16" / 3 15/16"
D 10 9/16" / 4 3/4"
E 11 13/16" / 3 15/16"
F 11 13/16" / 4 1/2"
G 11 13/16" / 5 1/8"
H 11 13/16" / 5 15/16"
I 15 3/4" / 5 1/8"
J 15 3/4" / 5 15/16"
K 15 3/4" / 6 7/8"
L 15 3/4" / 7 7/8"

No more what the gee?
My next build will be Line A, which would be sized for an approx 15 HP engine.
Dr = firetube diameter
Dr1 = nozzle ring diameter
Dh = restriction diameter

EDIT: The engine on the rider is 18 HP so I have decided to go with Line B on the Imbert chart.

4 Likes

Here’s another source of “how to” pdf files you can download for free. They’re from David Gingery, some of you may be familiar with him. Greatly detailed builds of a dozen or so subjects including fans.
Pepe

a.booksc.org/g/David%20Gingery

1 Like

I love Gingery’s work, have most of them, definitive how to manuals on a range of subjects. Coupled with Chastain’s books, there’s enough information to rebuild the modern world, or at least take a journey through the history of machine making.

1 Like

Hi Garry,
Thanks for the response, I learned something in return. I’ve never heard of Chastain, but I’ll check him out. I love this diy machine stuff. Pepe

1 Like

Hi All,
I thought this would provoke some thought about imbert type designs. Check out the rest of this site for some great explanations of processes, builds and a wealth of related gasification topics.

GEK Wiki / Imbert hourglass hearth variations hourglass hearth variation

1 Like

Necomers to gasification, here’s a link to my 7 years of gasifier builds from FEMA and Fluidyne to Imbert.
Imberts are a bit more complex, but with solid proven performance. Challenge yourself!

1. Open or log onto Youtube
  2. In the search bar enter ornottoobless
  3. When that page opens, click on the large circle icon
  4. On the next screen click on Videos
  5. On the Videos page click on the sort by icon
    on the upper right side of the screen. Click on “Date added oldest”
  6. Now you can scroll through my 7 years gasification videos
    trip chronologically with many, many “how I did it photos”. See it before you
    build it.
5 Likes

Pepe,
I have watched many of your videos on YouTube. Good information. Hey, have you been to Argos lately? I think 2019 will be legendary. Bring your camera!

8 Likes

Hi Arvid,
How the heck are you? It’s been a while for sure, hope all is well with you.
Regards,
Pepe

Am good, hope all is well in your neck of the woods

5 Likes