My TSI Machines

Bill,

No, no, no, no, no, no, no… :grinning:

This will be lite weight. Plus, there is plenty of counter weight in the rear. This lite weight producer will also lower the center of gravity. The original version could get a bit tipsy when backing up on the rough ground of the woods. I’m trying to improve production and safety with this version.

5 Likes

I am so eager to see how this transforms.
I can’t stand the anticipation. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bill, I hope it doesn’t bomb out. I got that pipe hack sawed off. Never under estimate the power of the hack saw. I should be able to work on it this weekend!

3 Likes

Feels good to have it standing on all four wheels.

Transport configuration.

The angle of the dangle looks like it will work out for loading & unloading configuration.

8 Likes

Some nice stuff out there.

Back to work. :rofl:

6 Likes
3 Likes

Removed the mechanical winch, last years project. I can always use a winch for something. I might have to go back to an electric winch, as long as the engine generates the electric that will meet my requirement.

Made the front bunk. Welded up the tack welds on “tube to axle/bunk” and “tube to bunk”. No sides on the bunks yet.

9 Likes

Old age was shouting, “put a drain hole in there.” I like flowing lines so I started with Mr. drill press.

Next cut the wedge out.

Next, clamp and weld.

Not knowing, for sure, how the winch will work this receiver hitch will allow different ideas to slide in or adjust the height a bit. The hose is just for the welding smoke.

8 Likes

Hi Jeff

How do you build the big iron pipe coil to cool the gas?

Do you have a trick?

Thank you

Thierry

Hi Thierry,

All exhaust elbows. They get drilled and a bolt passes through the elbows. The bolt might help cooling by mixing up the gas. Also, the joints (where bolted) get silicone sealed. Expensive but all reusable or repairable.

Jeff

6 Likes

It’s amazing what you can buy these days that are ready made . Jesse built this ram pump with parts off the shelf at Lowes. Not too long ago, those parts didn’t exist and everything had to be made special or cast specifically for an application. Metallurgy has come so far that now we can just buy parts off the shelf. Very handy.

1 Like

An update video below

9 Likes

Jeff, that is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship you have built there, very impressive indeed. It just gets better with every modification
and improvement you do to it.
Bob

5 Likes

Bob, that’s not the response I expected! I was thinking something like “what the #$%^ is that?”

Thanks! But a lot more work to do…

6 Likes

Made a hood for the engine.

The winch pull some heavy water soak logs, happy about that. However I need to scrap the sliding axle idea because the winch is too low to lift the log on to the bunk. I’ll convert to a tail arch. Win some loose some. The winch needs some work because the main line can wrap up on the drum.

My photos are too large. Need to install an app to resize them. Later.

6 Likes

Lets try these photos.

13 Likes

You do nice work Jeff.

7 Likes

Wish I had something like that right about now.

3 Likes

Jeff, nice work, a sound design and simplicity. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Gary in PA

6 Likes

This is the second self load with rear arch. Next problem is to unload. Thinking a pull block hung up a tree and pull the stems off.

And here is a video. Sorry, was holding the smartphone and trying to run the winch.

14 Likes