My TSI Machines

You da man Jeff. I’m amazed that the tree moves instead of the tractor.

6 Likes

Thanks Andy. I use a fence post to lock the arch in position. It gets jammed between the arch and rear wheels thus braking the wheels. The harder it pulls the more the braking action. However I am sure it can slide back and I might have to modify this.

5 Likes

This was the first video with a small stem.

5 Likes

Wow Jeff! I really enjoy seeing the things you come up with.

5 Likes

i did see this one on facebook… might give you some idea’s for future solutions ?

5 Likes

Those are somewhat popular in the states. Many people have built their own log carts. That was a long skid.

2 Likes

Wow, that is a slick unit. It looks commercially manufactured. Does it have a brand name?

1 Like

I am starting a charcoal lawn mower project, with a gasifier that Jakob made after your design. I wanted to know a little more on how your gasifier works.

3 Likes

Hi Billy, it might be the chemo brain but I am not sure what your asking? Basically it works like the old time updraft gas producers. I just added stuff as I learned. Really nothing special. A small twist here and there. Same thing all of us like to do. Operation? Temperament? Maintenance? Specific design question?

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about dimensions.

1 Like

Actually Jeff, That is Jesse asking. Sorry about the confusion.

1 Like

The opening for the grate is about 2". The bottom tank is a 30lbs propain, I think. The top tank is 20lbs tank. I do not recall the diameter of the connecting tube or how far down into the bottom tank it goes. I could measure later, when I can get to it. I have not fired up a gasifier in over a year. I hope to change that this spring. All my Wheel Horse stuff is gone now, except the hand made stuff. I’m hoping to use Lo-Boys. The gasifier is on the front of one now. No idea if a gasifier built for 6hp will run a 12hp. Maybe at low RPM setting. Shall see.

2 Likes

Mine is one propane tank with one homemade ceramic nozzle. Did you use water or exhaust for cooling? Jakob said something about balanced rocker arms that automatically clean out the ash. If you had any pictures I would appreciate to see them.

Thanks, Jesse

1 Like

Yes Jesse, you are correct I do not use a nozzle. Just a grate below a 2" opening in the refractory. Right now the grates needs to be shaked. However it MIGHT be possible, in mobile operation, to have a weight below the grate that sways about to shake the grate. In time more than shaking the grate is needed because dust collects much above the grates so that a good quantity of charcoal needs removed from the bottom for proper cleaning.

The link below shows the grates:

2 Likes

Working on the next version. Scrapped out an old office chair but kept the steel brackets. The black bracket is from the chair. Only needed to drill holes in the frame. Of course an angle iron will need to be welded to the bracket. Up-cycling is the ticket.

And from a far:

I had to totally tear down the transaxle in order to reverse the gearing direction. Swap around the diff. Replaced a lot of seals and stuff like brakes etc. That sucked up a ton of time but makes the whole system work out much nicer. Still need to replace one wheel seal.

4 Likes