New project! Normans next gassifier truck

Looking so good Marcus.
Bob

2 Likes

I drove it home today and once I got it outside in the sun I really like the profile of the bed it fits the truck very well I think. Hopefully tomorro ill get the rest of the boards for the deck and really get rolling on the install

5 Likes

Nice work on the flatbed, thats the kind of custom paint i need on mine, too keep the road salt from eating it alive, i got a gallon paint and some primer, i plan on coating mine before she hits the road too., nice crossover design,intergrated. Easyer too take apart and inspect than my design.Good proven wood gas truck that v10 dodge,and plenty of power for hauling any thing.

5 Likes

Marcus, you are really on fire with this build. You have a lot of good ideas flowing. I got more done when I was working full time than I do now that I have been retired. I’ll have to pick up the pace with gas prices going up again.

5 Likes

Funny I get way more done in an hour or 2 after a 10 hour shift then today I went down to the shop and was there 7 hours and it doesnt look like I got anything done :rofl: got a few more boards screwed down on the bed, rebuilt the fuel filler neck, pulled the fuel tank and got the last bed mount bolted down and finished the lower barrel insulation

6 Likes

Man im loving the side saddle look on this truck!

Still a ways to go but its coming together

19 Likes

Marcus, will your truck be for sale? When can I come for a tour? :grinning::grinning::+1:

5 Likes

Im really hoping this truck last me a long time to come, but if we can ever meet your more then welcome to take it for a spin!

6 Likes
11 Likes

Oh, what a nice build it will be.
What kind of gasket do you have in the lid that can make it tight with so little pressure?

7 Likes

It still has the factory gasket in that lid, thats what im using on the toyota as well with a smear coat of grease it seals up pretty good and doesnt stick down to the hopper so it puffs easily when it needs to

7 Likes

Another great video , Thanks Marcus :blush:

9 Likes

I had this as a repeatable problem tested several times. Turn the camera on? Takes several tries to get the problem to occur. Last night she tried to leave me stranded at the fuel station, like subliminal message she doesn’t want to leave the pump behind and eat wood! I carry a hammer in the truck and jumped the starter to get it home and again to get it to work today. Guess I’ll tear out the brake and find what’s pinched or torn in there today instead of gasifier stuffs like I was planning

1 Like

Take heart, he’s got you covered.

11 Likes

Demon crats lieing lips, why ask for others toio pump oil, when we have our own oil, other than fracking for oil, has poluted a lot of water wells and counting, they are probley selling our fracking oil too highest biders, BS polititions.

5 Likes
16 Likes

Marcus, I like your way of explaining things as you go and the way you think ahead which will kill most problems you might run into. Keep up the good work!

11 Likes

Thank you Don im trying my best to work with scrap metal and make a truck that is presentable for woodgas, while trying to maintain some assemblance of stealth. Its a hard line to walk as fuek prices just keep going up, trying not to rush myself and screw something up in the process that bites and has to be redone. Time is money they say, but time spent on the build now should be dollars saved later. And in turn time saved for later. I definitely did not get finished before hunting season as I had planned, but no matter ill just be happy when this truck is done and I can start moving forward with the next project and spend more time with the family. Wife suggested when the truck is done she wants to go fishing at a new spot every weekend with it… now how can I argue with a proposal like that???

14 Likes

I was concerned about the durability of the lids on the bell on my rocket mass heater and found that I could double them up and still use the same bolt on band. I’m going to have to send you some fuzzy dice to hang on that mirror otherwise you will never be cool.

11 Likes

I wanna find some stainless poverty caps to weld to my drum lids. The solid dish covers. Anything to help shed water.

6 Likes