New project! Normans next gassifier truck

We hear you man. This site is very active right now lots of people wanting to build gasifers. You have the most recent build and getting ready for the Big V-10.
Bob

9 Likes

The wife and I will be going out riding and visiting this afternoon . As we pass the gas stations I will need to take a little bite off the lemon :grinning:

13 Likes

What’s that weird place? :innocent:

11 Likes

It’s the land of empty debit cards and maxed out credit cards for the masses :joy:

12 Likes

Wait a few months and you better have heart medication handy when you walk into the supermarket.

9 Likes

In 2017 these so called conspiracy groups warned that the super high inflation on everything we buy was coming in the near future. Wow they were right. So let’s stop buying things we do not need. It has always been supply and demand. If the consumers do not buy it. They the big business goes broke and changes the margins gains for them self.
DOW will help do this if enough people will do it. You will see a lot of older big engine trucks for sale in the near future at a big reduction in price. It happen in 2008-09. I am looking now.
Bob

8 Likes

The recent rise in prices from inflation is mostly from the fact that a large percentage of all money minted since we created money for the USA, has been printed during the Covid 19 lockdown to give stimulus checks and fund other bills.

We are turning into a Zimbabwe if we don’t stop printing money. As sad as it sounds to say this as well but the Billions we are approving to give to Ukraine will also drive inflation higher. It’s not coming from existing capital it’s just being printed with nothing to back it up.

12 Likes

You have a bad ass truck though. :stuck_out_tongue: I think instead of the long cooling racks, you could make the cooling racks part of the front fenders, with sheet metal behind them. Then maybe have it match a “cattle guard” cooler right in front. It would look wicked because it would be just another custom build so it looked like it was part of the design of the truck. Then you don’t lose the ability to reach over the side like you do with the rack coolers. Just a thought. :stuck_out_tongue: (it is more work for sure)

7 Likes

Iv got some plans worked up, it won’t be to crazy since I’m on a time crunch or at least I think I am. Fuel prices being what they are I need to get this truck up and going faster then the 6 months it took me to build my other one but there are a lot of changes from the original design I will be doing

7 Likes

I understand that as easily as I understand being dismissive of my whole idea. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Not saying I wouldn’t do it, but maybe with the eventual off road build I have been mulling around in my head…

3 Likes

I dont know. It was an idea, and I’m not sure it was a good one. The more I think about like hitting something, and risking breaking the pipes the less I like it. But I think it could look pretty cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Give that Rat Rod off road look.
Bob

5 Likes

There are some laws about what you can do to the front of a vehicle. I don’t think you can build anything that would cause more damage to another vehicle in a collision. Ha. Look at me all talking about legalities. I must be getting old.

8 Likes

I felt Jacob Norths truck cooling rails just after coming off the Interstate. And review back some other quoted cooling rails temperatures.
So maybe best from a by-standers, and looky-loo’s standpoint to put them up higher having to intentionally reach up and touch. Instead of at butt, and elbow leaning height.
And paint them cruddy mottled black.
S.U.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why, but my rack runs very cold. The center post will get flat out HOT, but by the front corner post they are just warm, rear post they are cool. I wonder how Wayne’s trucks are, he had a couple trucks with a lot of tubing in front right behind the cab

5 Likes

By his own acknowledgment Jacobs lower rails were completely clogged by that time in his journey. Cold. Center’s warm. Front of uppers 2-3-4 seconds touch hot.

One of the great things about W.K.s design philosophy is parallel flows.
Copy this. Emulate this.
S.U.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Thanks Marcus , your looking good .

7 Likes

Hello Marcus, does your headlight dimmer also dim the gauges or is the brightness preset with the manual adjustment on the back of the gauge? I have a set of similar Chinese gauges that are non dimmable. They look great in daylight but are way too bright at night.

5 Likes