New project! Normans next gassifier truck

The afr gauge is dimable, but the prosport one appear to be set by the manual setting on the back. With the green light in my Toyota it is no brighter then the rest of the dash Wich are factory 194 incandescent bulbs, that’s why I opted for the nightime setting of green on this build

4 Likes

Since this is still an ECU engine and still needs the factory O2 sensor did you somehow piggy back off that or did you weld in an extra bung and new sensor.

1 Like

I am going to piggy back ahead of the ECU like Wayne does

6 Likes

Is that the Sunpro 8200/8210 AFR gauge? I’m seeing them cheap all over eBay and they look like Wayne’s pet gauge. They’re narrow band right? I have the ancient one wire O2 sensor from the Mazda’s emissions stuff, might need to buy a better narrow band sensor.

1 Like

Sunpro CP8210 Electrical Air Fuel Ratio - Black Panel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FJU8GC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_HV4K6NMMAJ24GVZYG6H2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This is the one I have in both trucks Cody

2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

THE V10’S LAST RIDE!

Hey @tcholton717 here is a make you smile video :grin:

5 Likes

First time I have seen a stock V-10 smoke the tires like that.
Bob

2 Likes

Nice vidio test of your v10 spare parts truck, that truck motor has more than enough power for wood gas truck, and still haul a car or truck around on a trailer.ECT. Perfect wood gas UHAUL truck.That cab might be valuable up here in the salt rino states.

2 Likes

These motors perform great, I could spin the tires while hauling a 10,000lb dump trailer. I gotta give it to dodge, I like the power and torque these v10 motors make

1 Like

They way you like too hot rod motors, you should maybe get started in stock cars.ovel track racing,you would do well. On another note, i woundered if a big cam with not too much overlap would help with wood gas power on my 318 dakota project. Or who too ask about a cam specs, we could use with wood gas.

1 Like

The above questain was mostly too Marcus norman.

1 Like

It’s a very good question and I intend to find out with the Toyota. When the Dodge is up and running I’m going to swap in a rv cam into the Toyota, designed for low end grunt while improving lift and duration without sacrificing smooth idle abilities. I have wanted to get into racing for many years, it can be a very spendy hobby. Thinking to get into the local track with a cheap import and do circle track. Would LOVE to do demo derby as well

That will be interesting too see working, seems like i might help a little more power. Good luck on that project too. That is a neat wood gas explaination on the toyota, and a well built fab work. i got a 85 toyota motor home, i could make into a tow behind camper, and use the cab half for wood gas 318, after fixing the title through local police department, and sec. state. though the dakota build is enough for me, i might try charco on the toyota 22 re. Though the motor home has tortion bar spring, might not hold out that well with v8 on that one.

1 Like

If I end up with another 4 cylinder Toyota later on I would like to do a char gas build. I’m curious if woodgas and char gas would take to engine modification like a cam differently

Yes it might not show much difference being low preasure wood gas, though it might. Out for now THANKS for your time later.

1 Like

Vacuum pump takes care of the big cam issues for most applications. Always better to get more volume in and out of an engine… Your engine may be ECU controlled,MPFI, Kevin. This article is for carbed engine primarily but a lot of good information.

2 Likes

Been going every last minute iv got lately got the trans pulled from the donor truck, ill see if I can get it stabbed in tonight. Ttill need to swap radiator, delete the abs pump that has failed and swap it to the rear abs only from the 94, but in the 4wd front axle actuator assembly and all its lines, finishing painting the front clip so its all one color, clean up the interior, figure out the electric mirrors that are inop, swap the air box over for the time being while I start building the gasifier system onto the donor truck, swap the front axle outer assembly’s so I have manual locking hubs and serviceable wheel bearings, I may end up swapping the exhaust off the other truck since it is stock and in better shape and I’m sure ill discover more as I go along. just keep cruising along and get the truck on the road on gasoline so i can concentrate on the woodgas system

9 Likes

Marcus, you seem to have 48 hour days where you live. Just like Kristijan and Jakob.

7 Likes