New Project

Since you started this thread I’ve been looking into the “Stephen Victoria” gasifier, looks very interesting. Very sparse information on it though but I did get a few pictures off yahoo woodgas. Hoping it’s ok to post them here as well, might help others (including myself) understand the layout of this design.

No worries at all… my current project is a little bigger than that of the picture. I’m running with a 4" restriction. the second top outter ring is 6" abd should act as a tar fence of sorts.

Hi Arvid, any updates? Thanks!

gotta get some materials for the ash can, and hopper flanges… i’ll get more pics up as soon as i get the materials cut and welded together.

re tasking some parts from an ivinger gasifer… at least this one should work

Good stuff Maynard!
Git er Done!
T

slowly but surely… sectioned the bottom part of the barrel i’ll be using as an ash can. and welded the what was the lid to the reactor.

hopefully i’ll be able to get some form of a hopper on this so i can atleast start to flare it in the very near future.

you can see the difference from the previous pic… that and i rotated the gas out 90 degrees to the clean out port.

welded… more or less… i’ll water test it tomorrow if i can find some silicone

Arvid, I this your unit that runs chips.

To be honest… i never got that one finished… I still have it though.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

This is the direction my units took…

3 Likes

Hello Arvid i made my hopper door about like yours, just wondered if there is a set size spring too hold the lid shut on flash or puff backs , or what usualy happens with a hard puff back.Are you selling any of them trailer gasifier.?

I use an electric fence handle… has a spring in it… I don’t put tons of pressure on it as my seal works well. Very hard to open with an engine running an putting vacuum on it.

The one in the picture went to Yellowknife… don’t sell as many as I’d like to.

2 Likes

Havent sold as many as i would have liked too. I am sure this has been the worst year in washer and dryer sales , since 2008, eaverything is boom, acording too the main stream media.a lot like just before the 2008 stock market crash, hope it aint so this time around the election cycle.

Suck it in and git-er done :smirk:

As this is a very old post I do believe he did Don… just sayin

1 Like

Original post is 2012…

I do have this unit though and will at some point probably finish it. Though I think my latest system design will do better.