New WK Gasser Project

Thanks Johnny & Carl,

I found some more fuel, 1 inch oak boards that I am mixing with the cedar & various round cuttings. Decided to try a saw vs chunker — sawdust is evil !!! I think there is more probability of getting in trouble with a saw than with a chunker.

Wow Peter, over here we build stuff with nice lumber like that!

Hi Peter
That is a very nice setup on your S10 .
I’m going to feel a little embarrassed when I start building and post pics and video of my build on my old 1968 C10.
You have to get your S10 up and running, I want to see how she performs with the blower!

Thanks
Patrick

Don, most of the wood was picked over before it was given to me. Splits, warps, bad edges etc. Looks better in the pile than it really is. Extremely heavy!!

Thanks Patrick, Your C10 should make a good WG vehicle ---- is it a V8 automatic?

My S10 should be ready to run in the spring. I have many hours of labor left on the project ----- plus many $$$$$ left to spend. Currently I am working out a wood gas engine combination.

Peter,
Nice video and walk around, the job looks real pro.

Hi Peter
The old C10 is v8 manual.
Not to many automatics here in SA.

Thanks Patrick

Thanks Wes,

Patrick, Is shipping parts to SA financially unfeasible?

Hi Peter
There are a lot of guys the import American V8 spares, I can get a turbo 350 or 400 box for it if necessary. But will start with what I have got then modify once the gasifier is in place and working.

Thanks
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

If you should decide to go automatic, consider a 700 r4. It is an overdrive trans with an electrically controlled lock up converter.

Hi Peter
Thanks for the advice, can the 700 R4 bolt on to the old C10’s 4x4 transfer case ?

Thanks
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

You would need a 208 transfer case which came factory in the 80s behind the r4

Thanks Peter

Finally made time to get back to work on the truck. Started making up hangars for the 4 in. PVC tubing. Lots of little stuff to complete!!

Nice work Peter!!

I can’t wait to see the video of this truck driving. I’m amazed at the detail you have put into this unit.

Thanks Wayne & Bill. I am hoping all the time spent on detail will pay dividends on the consistency of the tune up.

The chassis & most of the components are now in paint. Should have the rear half put together today.

WOW Nice !!

Yippee, and Happy Springtime!

Looks even better with paint!
Ya gonna have it together for Argos?