New WK Gasser Project

Making progress.

Wayne, will the lid in the last picture be ok? Don’t know whether or not the reinforcement groove will cause an issue with condensate.

Peter

Hello Peter,

Fine workmanship!!

The best I can tell from the picture all is well. You might be able to incorporate the groove for easier welding. I can’t think of any reason the condensate gutter couldn’t be narrower or a little wider compared to mine…

Thanks Wayne,

My concern was the trough that will hold water instead of allowing flow to the condensate drain.

Peter

Hello Peter,

The low area will fill with tar and the water will set on top. It shouldn’t get hot enough there to boil the water so when the water gets high enough or you go around a curve or hill side it will go on to the condensate tank.

More progress — hope to catch up to you guys!!

Peter

Wow, you’ll be rolling in no time!!

Hi Peter,
I would love to take a road trip up your way when the leaves start changing. John Wells is in the MA area… have you met him ? He has a F150 with a gasser that has been operational for most of the year (?) I think he has a busy season with work over the summer, but will probably start posting again when things slow down. BTW… what ever became of the first gasifier that you built ? It has a lot of good workmanship in it too. Did you get it to flare ?

Hi Gary,

If you are in the area, your welcome to stop by. I have not met John Wells yet, i did not realize he had an operational WG truck. My first gasser is sitting in the shop. I made the modifications needed under directions of the guys on site, put it aside & started my WK gasser. Recently Sean stopped by & had a look at it, & made some suggestions for further improvements. I plan on finishing both units & have Sean show me how to run both. Still have not seen a WG vehicle or made a flare!!

Peter

John Wells hasn’t been around in a while, but he did have the honor of first Featured Project on the site. His thread is here: http://driveonwood.com/forum/88

Peter,
As always your work is an example for us all. I hope to get back to mine soon. Feeling better as we speak.
John

Hi John,

How are you doing on your project? Haven’t seen any new posts sine 6-16-12. Maybe i am not looking at the right thread. Glad to hear you are felling better & hope to see progress posts soon.

Peter

Need to start the installation on the truck next.
http://jamclasses.drbanjo.com/static/dimages/heat%20X%20001.JPG

Decided to remove some of the factory equipment.

WOW, now that is some custom work. keep it up

lol… where’s the frame? looking real good

Peter
This one will be the chopped down custom one off version I like it. Remember your total weight
before you put it back together. Your signature is all over this!!! HAWWG Sean

Thanks Richard & Arvid

Sean, the complete truck, full of fuel weighed 3570 lbs. Should be well under 4000 lbs. complete with gasser. Looks like the hopper will be level with the roof or very close to it ---- a lot of work for this feature.

Peter

Radical!

Getting a 22in WK gasser behind an S10 cab & into the weeds is a bit of a project.

Wow! That is taking things to a whole new level. I look forward to seeing your truck built around your gasifier instead of the other way around.