New WK Gasser Project

That’s dedication. Keep it up! Can’t wait to see where you go with this.

Hi Chris,

I have been struggling to keep this a normal street truck. Originally had this designed for a narrowed 9in Ford rear w/ 14in wide tires & round tube chassis.

For my first go around with WG, it will just be a normal street driver. Can’t wait to get under the hood!!

Peter

very nice Peter… can’t wait to see it finished

Thanks Arvid,

Should have the truck up & running on gasoline in a couple of weeks.

Peter

Hi Guys,

Finally got to position all the components together, seems that this plan just might work.

The monerator tank will be under the drain tube in front of the left wheel inside the chassis.

The gasoline tank will be in front of the right wheel inside the chassis.

The exhaust exchanger will be in the large opening on the right side.

The condensate tank will be behind the chassis hidden by the body structure.

I am thinking of building a fifth wheel hauler style body like the FL 70 horse haulers. Would really only be a skin, as the frame is the floor height.

The suspension is to be 4 link & coil overs.

If anyone sees anything that i missed, or has a better idea for a rear body, don’t hesitate to speak up.

Peter

Beautiful!

Peter,
Looks like poetry in motion Sweet!!! I knew there was enough room to fit it in.
Sean

Did you build that? …Sweet…

Woody,

Getting harder & harder to do the out of position work as the years go by, need a young lion!!

Peter

Hi Guys,

Made some chassis changes for the plumbing. Going to enter the bottom of the filter 5 inches up. Thinking of not using the 45s, maybe going straight into a step tank.

Peter

Looking good! That pipe should be pretty darn safe right there.

How much weight do you think the custom frame adds to the truck? I’m guessing not that much?

Hi Chris,

Thanks. The chassis is a major part of the body. When complete, the new chassis & body should weigh about the same as the OEM chassis & body. This chassis could have been 1/2 weight had i utilized round tube design. Unfortunately, my chassis table is tied up with another project. The good news is that the new suspension will be far superior to OEM for it’s intended use. Sure is a lot of stuff to design around!!

Peter

Peter
Looking real good there!! Are you planning to extend your filter up ? And your pipes will they be slightly sloped to the rear tank to avoid water sitting in them ?
Sean

Sean,

Thanks, The barrel is just a mock up. I will build the filter to the same height as the hopper using your intake design. I originally had the pipes tilted to the rear – made my eyes hurt, had to run them level. Will have to park on a hill!! What do you think about running stand pipes inside the filter housing for bottom gas exit?

Peter

Hi Peter,
I see no problem with stand pipes in your filter. Wayne may chime in here.
Sean

This is a question more than maybe a help, but I personally stayed away from stand pipes for two reasons. One, not wanting to use up filter space with them, but more importantly from my perspective is I thought they would leave a small (slender as it may be) area where channels would be between the stand pipes and the hay allowing for some stuff to migrate by. Is that to paranoid of a perspective? It seems like getting the stalky hay packed around those pipes adequate just seemed like to much of a risk to me.

Hello Peter,

I have used stand pipes coming in the bottom of the filter and extending almost to the top of the filter housing. This served for the gas exiting the filter going to the motor.This made the unit look a little cleaner and neater but was a little more trouble changing the filter material. If the hay is packed in the round cylinder/barrel when it is time to remove it if there is no pipes or other obstructions in the tank one can stick a rod in the hay and start twisting and bring the entire contents out without having to touch it ( it will be nasty)

Also as David has just said there will be some small channels around the stand pipes.

Thanks guys,

With the cleaning & channeling problems, standpipes are out. I will have to change my layout again. Glad to find out now rather than later.

Thanks again, Peter

Weighed all the frame components cut off the truck except the gas tank & exhaust = 217 lbs.

New frame with all suspension brackets = 205 lbs

What ever the bed weighs is what i have to work within to remain at stock weight. 8ft S10 bed 300 lbs?? Does anyone know the weight?

Looks like the complete truck will be under 4000 lbs

Suspension done