New WK Gasser Project

Looking Great Peter,
I like the yellow springs offsets the truck will it be ready for Bonneville this year?
When you redo the cab make sure to leave enough room for cup holders Okay !!!
I can’t stand a truck without cup holders. Have Fun Creating Sean

Thanks Sean. Doesn’t the complete gauge package that i ordered from you come with cup holders??

Peter

Woops your correct I am BAD again!! If you didn’t have cup holders before you do now
Sean

Looking good, I drove another 35 miles on wood today and passed many gas stations, sure feels good to pass them up.

Gasser platform

Funny, that picture makes it look like the back wheel is rubbing the gasifier! You’ve actually lengthened the wheelbase, correct? Great to see progress!

Hi Chris,

You are right, that picture is deceiving. Check the picture above — 9/10 post. The wheelbase has been stretched 6 inches.

Peter

Drives good, but not on wood ------- yet

Great Peter! How’s the handling with the new chassis?

Hi Chris,

Took just a short ride, drives good, does good burnouts ----- no wheel hop. The gasser is a little heavier than i thought, had to change the left side spring rate.

Drove off road, does not bottom out on bumps. Going to put scales under it tomorrow.

Peter

WOW, LOOKING GREAT, DAVID-.O

Hello Peter,

You’re kinda serious about this wood burning stuff aren’t ya!!

BBB

Hello Peter,

You’re certainly taking this whole conversion to a HIGHER LEVEL !! Can’t wait to see the finished product, maybe at a gasifier gathering someday.

Val Brotherton

Hi Wayne,Val, Dave & Chris, -------- thanks for the kind words.

Looks like i can get back to building the gasser system !!

Peter

The truck itself is fairly light weight — 2759 lbs

The complete gasser is 332 lbs with no heat X (inner) no tin insulation, no hay filter

Truck weight complete as shown 3091 lbs.

Hopper & lids alone are 48 lbs

Peter
Looks like you have a smoken little woodburner there!! Anyway to tell what the truck weighed before the custom work began? Is it time yet to pull the cab and front end ? If you need to drop more weight a fiberglass front nose would look sweet!! HWWT Sean

Thanks Sean,

The truck weighed 3670 in stock form. Weighed it on heavy duty truck post lift scales, so i don’t know how accurate they were. The car scales pictured are very accurate. Yes, a glass nose & all aluminum SBC would be a substantial weight savings. I need to check into a front frame clip with tube A arms & coil overs, this would help with engine position & allow for lowered front ride height.

Peter

Working on the cooler. 69 feet of tubing.

Beautiful! Any idea what it weighs?

Hey Pete ,

Nice Rack!!