New WK Gasser Project

very nice…

Should weigh under 200#. Anybody have a guestimate on the weight of a standard WK cooling rack??

Now that’s “professional grade” WOW!

That’s a nice looking cooling rack …Looks very well built

Thanks guys. I am scrambling to make arrangements so I can attend Argos ---- looking grim.

Hey Pete,

I sure would like to look at ya !!

Trying to make final decisions on the cooler & plumbing.

All that room to work in sure would be nice. Make a place to stand while cleaning heat ex and final filter.

Carl,
The truck is up on jack stands, when on the ground I can walk up & look inside the hopper or filter housing without climbing on the truck. (very low to ground)

Hi Peter, I like the large size pipes you are using. As your horizontal cooler runs are relatively short, consider adding some spiraled steel inside the tubes like they have in boilers or hot water heaters. This will force the gas to the outside of the tubes for better cooling and the condensate will do some scrubbing. It will not slow the gas down much. Just 2 or 3 twists. ML

Henry,

The good news is the gasifier alone is no longer for sale. The bad news is the entire truck still can be purchased at any time.

Mike,

Good idea, will try that.

Working on the condensate tank.

That thing is looking pretty good Peter…

Hello Mr. Pete ,

Last night on the hangout you were asking why I usually start up on gasoline and then switch over to wood.

Usually when the hot gasifier is shut down there is enough pressure in the system to push the wood gas up through the delivery pipes , into the mixing area and fill the fresh air inlets. This will cause a very rich state and will depend on how long the truck has set before restarting . The woodgas is potent but I have to hunt for the proper ratio. Therefore when restating I usually will kill the delivery pipes with the fresh air valves open, turn on the gasoline crank the motor and the computer will find the correct ratio almost immediately , then I switch to wood .

Below is a very short video I made this evening showing hunting the correct A/F ratio . I assume it is in a flooded state when I start the search. Again no gasoline wood only.

Also I make a habit of always turning the ignition switch on and off before cracking so the computer will adjust if I previously shut the motor down on woodgas. In the video I forgot to do so and you can hear the kickback of the starter.

Thanks Wayne

Picked up the rear end for my chunker yesterday. B61 Mack single X. Mack pinion flange is good for adapting to.

Failed cooler mounts. Tried solid mounting ---- NG Built this system with rubber isolators ---- too soft. Going to machine new Delrin bushings.

Hi Peter, Your truck is going to kick ars and for once Wayne will have to let you pass by him. I yielded to him years ago but I have never been into speed or racing… FYI, I pulled one of my twisted steel items out of my first tube this spring and it was shot. I made it from the shell of a water heater so it was very thin gauge. just a couple of twists and allow at least a quarter inch of clearance and what will happen is as the gas is forced through the shallow layer of condensate in the bottom of the tube it will scrub out some of the soot and you will see that in your condensate … I hope to see your truck somewhere in the next couple of years … ML

Thanks Mike, I have a long way to go in order to race with Wayne!!

Hey Mike.

When Mr. Pete is talking about speed and power he is on another wave link as you and I .!!

When ever I talk speed I am thinking somewhere around or just above the legal limit . To Pete it would be front ends in the air and rubber burning!