Newbie from canada

Did you buy that Dodge, Dean?

3 Likes

No it went for a little more than I wanted to pay for an experiment, still looking for Dakota or decent chev, prices here are kind of crazy for used stuff.

6 Likes

Got to work on gasifier today, cut some parts and welded up some of the cooler, a couple hours welding and it should be done.

3 Likes

I have poor service I’ll try and down load some pics

I guess I just have to do a couple at a time

11 Likes

If you’re on Mobile, install an app that reduces the file size. They’ll upload faster that way. If my photos are over 1MB they won’t even upload from my phone.

8 Likes

Hello Dean, this will be a nice product, you have made an interesting construction of the refrigerator, try to install openings for easy flushing of ash and soot from individual pipes with water, all praise for a job well done.

9 Likes

Tone is right Dean. I built a similar cooler on one unit.

You can’t see it but there is a nipple on the top manifold for a hose fitting and the soot all washes down to the cap on the bottom. I wish I had made square manifolds like yours. Would have been much easier. Nice job on yours.

9 Likes

Thanks Tone, ya I did put in clean outs ports in the top to wash down soot to the bottom tanks and then there’s drains on the bottom

6 Likes

Thanks Tom, I made this manifold with divider plates between ever 2 pipes so the gas goes up and down each pipe, having a cnc plasma table helps, just have to weld lots.

11 Likes

Well I got it put together today

Just have to crush up some charcoal to fill up over nozzles, and should be able to fire it up,how small should I make the charcoal that goes on grate and up reduction tube? And should I make them bigger as I go up?also can I put some wood stove ash around restriction to fill it in a little?
Thanks Dean

13 Likes

Yes. Yes. And Yes.
Do put wood ash sloped a little around the restriction out under the edges of the insulation sleeve. Too seal the restriction plate edges. Some shaken down below the grate too to insulate the grate shaft area. Scrape out the lower only as needed. NEVER vacuum it all out.
Then sifted wood char particles, say pea to almond sized up to the nozzles. Then walnut sized at least 4 inches (100mm) above the nozzles.
Get it lite off heating up before you’d add some wood chunks.
Just some wood chunks.
Let the beds develop in place before you really work it.
Regards
Steve Unruh

12 Likes

Thanks Steve, ya I’ll just flare it for awhile till i find out what wood works ok and temps etc, and if it works ok I might even give it a paint job,was gonna try tomorrow but weather says 100 percent of 20 to 30 mm of rain.

7 Likes

Sweet looks good show a vid when you get the flair

2 Likes

Gave the gasifier a go tonite, I have crappy booster cell phone service so I have a couple minute video and a couple shorts , I think it works.

The last light up was 30 min later

11 Likes

Great job DeanL.
You are on your way now.
Best Regards
Steve Unruh

7 Likes

Nice product and good gas, all praise. Years ago I read an article about the latest generation of Fiat engines and the author stated: “precise manufacturing … more power … lower consumption”

7 Likes

Congratulations Dean. Excellent work and always feels good to see someone succeed. I am a big fan of paint, hint hint.

9 Likes

Great job Dean !

Keep up the good work :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Very nice I’m building the same design you got me motivated to finish it up

8 Likes

Thanks guys, ya I was surprised it worked right off the bat like that, but I think starting with a proven design like WK or Ben’s when your just starting is the way to go.
Dean

9 Likes