Normans chevotafire pickup

How’s the toyota been running Marcus? How many woodgas miles have you got on her now?

Im sure its easier to keep up on the woodpile now that ur driving the smaller truck again.

6 Likes

i have actually been driving the dodge on gasoline non stop, have not even had a chance to fire the toyota up after the heat exchanger rebuild life has been wildly busy lately, and last few days have been dedicated to the geo project which should be driving home monday i think

9 Likes

Oh i totally understand where your coming from there! I have winter projects i didnt get to and my wife is rattling off a list of summer ones. There is just not enough time in a day!!!

8 Likes

yep my to do list just tripled in size in the last few days

9 Likes

I went back trying to revisit when you changed ur restriction size. Was that a video or something? I can find refrences to you doing it but nothing really commenting on size you started with and where u ended up. I memory serves (and i dont have a great one) you went from a smaller to larger then back to maybe somewhere in the middle.
I just wanted to re-read ur comments and findings.

Anyone recall where that was?

3 Likes

your right i started with a 6", went to 7" and the system was running colder then i wanted it to, went back down to 6 1/4, then up to 6 1/2" and thats where it is at right now and im pretty happy with it. i didnt show it on video as it would show the internals of the wk design on a public video

10 Likes

Gotcha​:+1::+1: thanks for the measurements.

8 Likes

Also I am 10 1/2" from nozzle to restriction opening, lifting the restriction up seemed to make a pretty big difference in this truck

9 Likes

Interesting, what where you at before lifting it?

Help me understand the concept. The char bed is the “reserve” fuel/oxygen obsorber right?
The thicker the char bed would mean more vacume is required to pull the woodgas threw the system i would suppose…

Ill have to look and see where mine is at… for some reason i want to say 14-15" is that too much i wonder?

4 Likes

Found this

@Norman89 so you were running a deeper charbed and it was pluging up on you after so much run time?

6 Likes