Nozzles for Charcoal gasifier's

Some results from testing the cooking unit, the nozzle is not in direct contact with the charcoal it seems.

4 Likes

I havent found any info on multiple nozzles before either. Strange as it is a simple solution to many problems. l started tthinking in that way when my crossdraft showed poor resaults ( exit temp to high) on my Seat. The generator was wide and low so multiple nozzles were the only solution.

1 Like

I have built a nozzle of this type for my trarteur.
I ferrais pictures as soon as possible

Thierry

6 Likes

I bought this stainless steel chicken deboner per Carlā€™s web search during the Friday Hangout.
The discussion was about adjustable nozzle for a charcoal gasifier. So maybe this with a setup similar to Don Mā€™s drum rotor, believe one can fine tune their gas output or adjust it for a different engine.
The base is 3" wide and is 4" tall not including the nut welded on the bottom

5 Likes

Hey Bill do you have a link and cost?

2 Likes

Here you go.
It feels pretty sturdy, I have no time to build anything yet, but when I do, I think this is the ticket.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DMP-STAINLESS-STEEL-CHICKEN-DEBONING-CONE-XLNT-/151154394001?

3 Likes

And until you ā€œbuildā€, you can de-bone any tasty chickens you might get.

4 Likes

I love this ideaā€™s for adjustable nozzleā€™sā€¦
And the builds of courseā€¦

A wonderfull find and great idea Billā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks Koen but the idea and find was @Carl Iā€™m just an impulse buyer. Hahaha
To me it made sense and for $20, it was low risk. I like the vertacle nozzle @don_mannes built, this may be a good addition to that.

2 Likes

Looks great for a gasifier but l cant realy imagine how to use it on a chickhen :grinning: is this a part from a tool or is that cone a tool for deboneing?

1 Like

Youtube to your assistance. This time of year, Iā€™d rather have ice cream on a cone.

7 Likes

If you have ever watched a chicken catching machine , raise your hand :joy:

5 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up Carl :grinning:

Well my chickhen catching machine is a .22 but not sure you ment that :wink:

3 Likes

Had a bird dog once that was a chicken catching machine.:grin:

When I was young kid at home we had a rod with a hook on it. Just throw the chickens some feed and reach in and get the one you wonted by the leg. The hook was just wide enough to go over it leg but it foot would slide through.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to hyjack Koen thread but I will share this .

We have a LOT of chicken farming in Alabama .

A local farmer said he used one of the fastest chicken catchers in the world . I made a trip to his place to see just how fast this guy was . Turned out not to be a guy but a machine :grin:

Here is what it looked like .

7 Likes

chicken, hot glowing charcoal and a can of beerā€¦ life is wonderful :grin:

3 Likes

Sounds like a good way to celebrate your birthday today. Happy birthday!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday Koen. The older you get, the Better It Gets. At 64 years old I appreciate everything new Birthday that comes my way, looking forward to a lot more. Hope you see many more Birthdays too. Cheers. I heard on the ā€œDark Sideā€ of Charcoal Gasification they have Cookies! Is this True? I hope so.
Bob

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Koen. We enjoy your progress.

4 Likes

Yes, indeed Koen. Happy Birthday. :relaxed:

3 Likes