OBDII in our future?

Ok thanks Paul M , i am still kind of partial too the chevys myself, you sure made a nice looking wood gas build, and i like that cooling rack set up.NICE WORK.

1 Like

just like you said pull distributor skip a tooth if I don’t I get a backfire all the time bareley touching the throttle but when advanced a whole lot better run . with a scanner hooked up when I hit a hill or get heave on the throttle the timing retards a lot putting it closer to original and then backfire.

Have you tried any tricks with the TPS yet?

it messes with the trany shifting :cry: tried. I’m working on a old style hei distributor you can control a lot more. I’m trying to adapt it to my original so the cam sensor is still active it runs like crap without it on gasoline.

1 Like

It is just telling you Dino is unhealthy. :grinning:
All I could think reading that was. Doctor It hurts when I do this. Then don’t do that.

2 Likes

Thanks paul m on the distributor gear jumping a tooth for obd 11, on the obd 95 or older would you not just rotate the dis. Too advanced too get more advanced. ? Or am i missing something on what years.

Keven with a round distributer cap you would likely not have to rotate the gear a tooth. Paul’s small block with the flat cap he had to, on my big block I can’t even do that without intake interference. I suspect I can get a round cap in the aftermarket that will work with a matching set of wires and coil relocation. I just have to get it done and then one step at a time to acceptable performance like everybody else trying anything but the proven.

1 Like

Thanks jim, i think the computor chevys have more power than non computor, so they should work out ok and even better once you fine a timeing means, good luck with yours.

1 Like