OpenFire Gasifier V.2.0

Kristijan,
Your “Go with simple, it always works best.” comment about your hand cranked charcoal grinder inspired me to not give up on this option. Here are some pics of the result:

The last pic. shows the mechanism from the underside. It works great. Fastest system yet. Originally I locked these blades together on a motor driven shaft. The saw blades now spin freely and independent of each other. So the bearings are no longer necessary. This hand cranked version is faster than the original motorized version. Thanks.

5 Likes

Interasting concept! Any chance we culd se a video of it working?

OK, here are a couple of short videos:
https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=r8b0miI2Cpg&u=/watch%3Fv%3DsZxMM4yxwd8%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner
https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=qYA1ZP-NCm8&u=/watch%3Fv%3DaUPt2IbBEVc%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner
This pic shows the glides on the bottom of the screen box:

3 Likes

Wow fast it is!
Looks like your char is a bit bigger thain mine. This is your engine grade right?

Yes, the chunks are a little bigger than the pieces that pass through 3/4" diamond screen on my other grinder. The half-round weights in the MGB reactor prevent this slightly larger fuel from bridging. If I were to make another grinder like this one, I might put the blades a little closer together and use smaller bolts on the spinning PVC pipe. This style grinder passes nails without binding which is important for my pallet wood charcoal.

5 Likes

Been super busy, but I’ve been making progress… This is an early concept sketch. I’m already in AutoCAD and the details are quite different, but the overall aesthetic is about the same… I’ll release the CAD drawings with all the internals once we wrap up… I just had this sketch laying around and thought it would be cool to post it.

7 Likes

Lots and lots and lots of work huh? Never ends, CAD model, then detail working drawings, then DXF, then CAM files and then sort through create BOM’s and dont even get me started on manufacture process haha.

Yeah been slaving away here on the new Ute Series I pellet fuel machine. Just about complete with the full product line for 2017 (8) machines in all and four are the Evolution Turnkey systems. This was a mountain of work. This is just the CAD now I have a few more mountains to chip away at yet; next gen electronics / programing and then update manufacturing processes. Its ever changing. :fire:

Oh yeah once I get all that done, it start all over with next level development Argh!!

7 Likes

So, after another long hiatus, I dragged myself back into the mix… The last few months have been mentally designing the next gasifier. I think I have a design that will serve in 2 modes: 1) TLUD stove, and 2) gasifier for engine or cooking…

I am going to hijack the name OpenFire, and use it for this new TLUD/gasifier unit… Will follow up with more, soon…

5 Likes

We have missed you. Can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with.

3 Likes

Welcome back into the DOW loop Troy. Looking forward to what you are designing.
Bob

2 Likes