Pasquali 988 restoration

Hello Dan- I need your help! I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the 3pt hitch cylinder out of the tractor. Mine was only lifting the hitch about 6" so I am hoping a rebuild will fix it. Problem is, I can’t get the thing out! I hope you can help. Thank you. My email is
[email protected]
If that is easier. Thanks again.

5 Likes

Jason remove the seat mounting bracket and you should be able to look straight down on the cycle and see both end. The lift arms are held on with a snap ring on the end of the arm that must be removed iirc the right hand side where the upper 3 point hitch arm bolts onto the frame below the seat comes off with 3 bolts once the lift arm is removed. Then you should have access to pull the pins on both ends of the cylinder. I remember pulling the offset cam out the side where the arm support was bolted to the frame under the seat. IIRC correctly you have to piviot it to the correct spot to fit through the opening and that removes the far pin from the cylinder. If you could post a photo of where you are stuck it would probably help.
The orginal cycle is single acting gravity down. When i have had cylinders like that fail normally they leak oil everywhere. I think before removing the cylinder i would make sure there isn’t something physically limiting the stroke of the cylinder or the cam it drives. I am wondering if maybe something is just wedge in the back not allowing it to extend out.

4 Likes