Picture gallery...cars, trucks , gasifiers, older and newer history

Göran, I’m impressed. Does your house have its own library, as well as parlour and drawing room?

Lovely girl standing on the bumper. Hmm…I guess she’s not as good looking nowdays :thinking:

Edit: Also, very interesting charcoal/wood comparison.

15 Likes

Haha, actually we started to make a spare bedroom into a “hobby”/ library/ computer/ “museum”-room, not a priority though.
I got a lot of technical books everywhere, would be nice to get them in one place, also a little “woodgas museum” (no gasifiers or big stuff) is planned. I don’t know how to describe or translate “gengashörna” better?

12 Likes

I like the guy with the black hands. I used to think that was something to do with the Mafia until I met Jacob North and saw all of Marcus’s videos. :wink:

15 Likes

Google translate says “gengas corner”

10 Likes

Well, a “small woodgas museum corner” then :smiley:

10 Likes

Tom I was forced by the Wife to gift a-way my black hat I’d had stitched with 'Black Hands Freedom". Not politically correct she said. Bound to cause trouble.
Ha! I’d thought that was the whole point.
S.U.

17 Likes

It is a great idea! We might call it a ‘shrine’ with a fairly loose interpretation, but I am sure it will be similar to your “small” chainsaw corner. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It will be a corner room exhibit in his house of the fine arts of gasification stuff and good reading. This is what Goran will have for all to come and visit. Well he did invited us.

10 Likes

Hey Goran picture up hard straight backed chairs and lengths of ankles chains bolted to the walls of any wishing to “come” ,then read, your library collection.
Even offer note pads and colored pencils.
Have one of those big obvious scales with a sign that all will be weighted in and out for the display parts fondlers.

Sure give them lots and lots of free coffee. Then charge for toilet usages.

Yeah. Yeah. I am trying to be light and humorous. But monthly Shop meeting ups winter of 2010/11 there was always that individual collecting souvenirs. Then would be the pocket camera person photoing all with a buddy holding up scale rulers.

And these were much more than just an expected small percentage of humans always on the easy-finding prowl.
Woodgas attracts a lot of change-the-world; make-my-fortune; find-easy-I-can-present-to-others to earn my sainthood way into heaven types.
S.U.

10 Likes

We at Argos made last few minutes of this video!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoRI4S4K6ec

10 Likes

And print cars using wood gas on a 3D printer. I would love to hold a V-10 model in my hands. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Думаю, та милая девушка сейчас может выглядеть гораздо лучше того древесного газогенератора и автомобиля с тем бампером.

Главное иметь хороший газогенератор - а хорошую и милую девушку можно в любые времена найти. :wink:

P.S. Google переводчик открывается с огромным трудом на медленном Интернете… Позже переведу на английский язык. А вот DOW работает гораздо лучше, чем Google!

6 Likes

No worries, Marat. Google translated with 100% perfection into Swedish.
I agree on your priorities. Gasifier first :smile:

9 Likes

Wait what? It is a miracle. Google translated perfectly!!!

5 Likes

The model trucks (at least the body style, but I would suspect most of those that even have an engine would be V-8’s) are readily available on US ebay in everything from 1:64 (Matchbox size) to 1:24 (traditional build it yourself) scale. I suspect the same is true for Ukrainian ebay.

But just like in real life, you’re on your own when it comes to the gasifier.

12 Likes

He could have some fun with old thimbles or food cans.

5 Likes

Just found this, my theory is Wayne Keith has found the secret of woodgas-powered time traveling… :thinking:
Old ad for: “WK” fuel dryer.

18 Likes

Some blurry old pic’s

Charcoal gasifier with adjustable nozzles, by turning them they can be pointed up/down

Charcoal gasifier 1941

Imbert

Svedlund, wood, 1941
20240302_181047
Experiments with lower row of nozzles, 1941
20240302_181123
Janka, Czech made, hemisperical hearth, central nozzle, wood, 1941

It was dangerous and forbidden by law to start a woodgas car inside a garage. By parking on these wooden wedges, it was just to release the parking brake in the morning, and the car rolled out the garage to be lit and started.

Woodgas-powered engine heater, the “barbecue sled” was placed under the engine.
20240302_181540
20240302_181545
20240302_181555
Cyclones from 1941

9 Likes

More

“Tall” Svedlund cyclone

20240302_181626
Gas coolers

Horizontal gas cooler

Filters, medium cork granules, wood shavings, wood wool.

Charcoal gasifier Lion type KC

Fuel level indicator, a bi-metal thermostat grounds a light on the dash, when fuel level are low enough, when radiation heat heats the tube protruding the hopper.

15 Likes

göran, thanks for very interesting historic pictures…more, more,more…!!!

10 Likes