Plasma gasification of Charcoal

HHO isn’t LPG , methane or other hyrocarbon fuels. HHO born from water and electricity and when burn return back water and release the electricity like an sponge.
HHO is just an medium with other reaction on metal surfaces or with molecules… HHO interact very hard with charcoal. Watch my video and you see the power. Of course that is just an example but is an good way for understand how update your charcoal gasifier.

Sound theory should underlie everything we do.
Sometimes, we may forget that the way we have always done something is based on theory.
We should not confuse accepted ways of doing things with theory.
Look behind the habit to understand the theory on which it has been based.
Then, do not be afraid to challenge or change the habit with a fresh idea, being sure that the fresh idea is based on sound theory.
Also, we must have the flexibility to accept the fresh idea.

Marco, i did read this on the internet and i must think about you…
i enjoy your fresh idea.

HHO should be used to convert the molecules into new energy. do not waste time by mixing HHO with other fuel. HHO is composed of hydrogen and oxygen, and as you know the hydrogen passes through elastic bands or creeps into the metal. Should a particular engine similar to the diesel engine which has a special injection system directly into the combustion chamber that mix an little amount of gasoline and HHO together. In your application can be created an external reactor where the flame of the HHO heats a metal that has the function of a catalyst and at the same time the already hot dirty syngas, including water vapor, is processed in the interior to obtain a mixture with a lot of methane. After cooling the gas that is ready for be used inside your engine.

HHO CELL IS ALSO AN BATTERY… WHEN POWER SUPPLY GOES OFF THE HHO CELL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE GAS… NEW POWER SUPPLY IS NEEDED FOR OBTAIN THAT… VIDEO IS GENUINE http://youtu.be/RKDJ8lGG3dw

Keon you speak utter pistatch.
So, before an acrobat would perform they must conform to some theory sweating, eh?
Music, literature, ALL of the Arts the theorists follow the shown possibilities.

Metal arts too. The layering techniques were “explained” centuries later. Why hammer/forged was stronger than cast forms. Just why low percent of carbons made iron into steels. Much done and built before brainiacs explained the whys of it.
Glass works - the same.
Ceramics - the same.

“Theory”, engineering is indeed needed for large critical projects requiring huge investments, with lives on the lines. Those first pyramids would NOT have face fallen with some smaller scale engineering experimenting to establish safe slopes boundaries. Until it got hammered in that at least17,500 mph MUST be achieved or all of the “Free from Earth” orbital dreaming/scheming was bound for failures. But . . . the dream/need came FIRST.

But boyo’s never mistake that it was actual working blacksmiths showed the possibilities of charcoal and woodgasses to “theorists”. Theory to be made REAL and RELEVENT often comes later, after working applications.

Marco, Koen, Troy if all in North America waited for molecular theorist/idealists right now to keep warm with “better efficiency” be a lot of dead frozen people.

An Americanism I will let Troy attempt to explain to you in your personal correspondences:
“Those who Can, Do. Those who cannot, Teach”
Aint none of you fellows shown me in your personal works/usages that you are daily committed to depending on your works for any form for your personal use energy.
See my avatar picture? 1/3 of my annual energy use comes from my site grown Wood.
PatrickJ. was woodgas powering his woodmill machinery supplying human JOBS with his woodgas. Not theorizing about it.
Wayne Kieth space heats with Wood too, and Drives with Wood. Ha! Ha! Got me beat.
11,000,000 folks just in North American right now heating with Wood. Plus northern Europe.

Want respect here on the DOW?
USE your energy “works” in your lives, daily, annually REAL. As if any one of these: your heats, lights, refrigeration’s, transportation’s depended on it. That is what it takes to make it Real. That is what it takes to make it Relevant. And that will in turn make your works always trend to real and relevant; worthy of wider general use. Not just be altruistic and arcane.

Steve Unruh

utter pistatch? i didn’t learned that language yet…
But in my quest for finding real life solutions i do read a lot and stumbled here : https://career.asianhonda.com/culture.aspx on the referered quote.
So for this quote i don’t deserve the credits…

as for the wood,
every day, wood gets chopped here, for every daily use… cooking and warming yourself up in the early cold mornings…
90 % of the meals are cooked over open fire, hand chopped wood…
no chainsaws to make small pieces… hand hard labor to obtain energy for cooking their daily sticky rice…
from child till old grandma… from 5 till 93 years old , everybody in my familly knows the value of fire wood…
scavenging every day, sitting around the fire every day… wow what a live…

do you know how many people die from smoky open fires every year ?

so lets put your theory’s in some more down to earth practice shal we ? and save some lives…

Koen no one in North America (or Europe) has used open fires for cooking inside for since the mid-19th century. Metals enclosed stoves. Only ~40-60% efficient back then I admit.
Updated and advanced to 72-85% efficient by the 1990’s in the 20th century. And this still without electronics, blower motors or any needed electricity dependencies. My shown installed, used wood stoves are all off-the-shelf commercially available, three ways governments and insurance companies inspected/certified for safety and emissions. My regional State emissions requirements are the strictest wood fuel burning in the world. Only areas prohibiting ANY personal wood fuel use can be viewed as stricter.

So WHY do you three just marginalize the whole 20th century of wood for fuel heat developments usable for benefit Today for millions like you describe? Making them wait for a 21st century electronics/electrically dependent woo-woo tech epiphany?
The Power (electrical, coal, oil) Companies holding back the simple, proven available Today solutions I could understand.They show their intents by lobbing only for changes that will benefit them.
Why would humanists avoid, minimize the direct and simple proven, for dependency systems?
Is this intellectual arrogance?
S.U.

Surely the Wood is the renewable fuel of the future … The new plasma gasifier is the new way for to extract completely the energy from wood. With the high temperature produced from the reactor you can simply produce steam and use this force for produce electricity for your home or produce burnable gas for your car … Is crazy to think an wood pellet car? No… is possible using that little reactor. Who of you can get this power from a few grams of pellets?

1 Like

No this is not intellectual arrogance…
This is a topic where we have a dialog about gasification of charcoal with plasma or better.
Learning from each other.
Goal is to teach ourselves new or more efficient ways to put power at the crank shaft.
If you reread our postings then you’ll find that we want to build things easy and efficient, adapt the knowledge to the local needs and resources…
The climate here is a bit different then you have, so i might need to alter your suggestions for building devices…
Our findings posted here, can be used and adapted to other people needs.
There is no obligation towards others to do the same as we do…
Nobody have to think the same as others do…
That is our freedom, we can think… we can choose, we can decide, we can do…

Question to you for helping to solve a problem i have here…
How to “fast start” glowing charcoal to produce sufficient gas ?
Any tips or tricks you know of ? besides plasma burner or HHO ?
Needs to be possible to implement in “driving” equipment…

forgot: not about cooking inside… cooking open fire inside would be stupid hey…

Helllo KoenVL
Getting the starting up woodchar from a cold state to HOT active state is a problem all woodstovers, woodgasifiers and woodchar users must face.
My experiences say hot blowing air does this the best overall. Match lite then using the draft of a minimum 13 foot (4 meter tall) insulated chimney. Chimney I.D. at min 100mm for very small systems. 150mm, 200mm as the system size increases.
Yes. Woodstoves and stationary gasifier systems.

Mobile, portable systems should have on-board 12 vdc gives forced air input blower for starting up purposes. Well proven. Again match lite.
Speed this up? Add heat to the air blown in.
If enough on board battery/charging power easy to set up a 12 volt ni-chrome heater coil. Tick, tick clock timer switched. And still need no supplied outside "starter"fuel dependencies.

Most of the current Finn systems use a manual pump spirits/kerosene into their blown-in air port.
A dual-fuel system it would make good sense to use a command squirt-in system of the other fuel: gasoline, diesel, propane.

Electric glow plugs works but eats up a lot of glow plugs. It is the continuous hot char contact that kills them. Also they have the irritating habit of burning up all of their contact char before system full ignition. Then they just drain the battery heating too still of air not in char contact. Solutions to this have been glow plug jamming insertion into the settled in char then retracting after system liting off ignition. Manual. Some have motorized this procedure.

But my personal favorite that I exclusively use is just a small back-pack oxygen-acetelyne tank set.
The hottest quickest char liting up with the ox-acedelyne HOT flame whether a blown or sucked system. The flint striker liter always then in-hand for produced gasses motor capability testing. Torch system always on hand for no-electricy needed light welding and brazing repairs. And unlike propane and MAPP gas torches an ox-acedelyne set up is not cold weather pressure sensitive. Or positional holding sensitive.
6 years of many systems liting ups and minor cutting/welding/brazing use and I am still on the same tanks fill set.
My preferences reflex that I am personal use stationary systems use dedicated.
A person not be able to master torch usage will never have the moxi-get-it-done to do fuel wood prepping to feed the wood gasifier beast.
Woodgas systems done correctly can be responsible child capable just like woodstoving.
I’ve had woman/users teach me many tricks starting up their non-optimal woodstove systems.
Manual use systems are easier to train and diagnosis, repair.
The very best production CNC machine operators that I trained were women mothers and former waitresses. They could multi-task and not distract them selves over thinking the systems.
Manual systems put the Human in control. Humans with no environmental control wig-out. (go insane-catatonic; get violent to demand some control back)
Specialization is for insects.
Those who are building for “one buttom” woodgas systems are human demeaning treating humans as insects. They are the just the latest ephitium of anti-humanists movements. “Fish First” “Earth First” Means humans last. “Green Peace” and "Sierra Club"bers can be violent and destructive in their street demonstrations. It takes de-humanizing those they are tring to “change”. Then arson become their tool of resort.

So since you, Marco, Troy choose to pander to these new spin doctors political GreenNazi’s top-down controllers with your world saving CO2 Converter, 85% efficient woodheaters decreed as “wood wasters” why my questions of why you all insist on taking understandings past direct help people needs.

Real humans like, and will demand daily use of their capabilities.
Give then real needs fulfilling system use possibilities to stretch this human itch is much better than “bread and circus” “one click” shopping choices.
Steve Unruh

Thanks for the guidance towards the ignition of the charcoal bed.
I was thinking of incorporating the HHO idea from Marco, so combined with your vision, i think it will work similar to your oxy acethylen setup, even with a clock timer… and a plasma arc :stuck_out_tongue:
Great, this is what theoretical dialog is about… can it be done ? and how to do ?
Thanks for your input on this Steve, highly appreciated.

Why not use the Co2 converter as a tool to convince those “new spin doctors political GreenNazi’s top-down controllers” that gasifiers , wether wood or charcoal, are the best choice.
as Chris already stated, it is a gasifier… and all other gasifiers are capable to do the same…

So why fight if you can convince ?

Since the tendency is to choose for easy systems and opt out the manual labour, how would you light your stove? with two rocks as in the stone age or with a sigaret lighter?
To convince people it must appear to be easy and comfortable…

1 Like

“Theoretical dialog” is over. Revisit this topic when you have built a working unit, because frankly we’re all tired of hearing about it, and it’s not contributing to the well being of this site. Closed.

Im dragging up this old thread, because I don’t recall where I was recently talking about plasma gasification and I don’t want to lose the link (although I think we talked about them before.). While this method doesn’t use charcoal, it probably could use charcoal. These guys make a really hot burning industrial cutting gas. And they have been in business for quite a while.

1 Like