Power to Weight Ratios

All in all i Would like too install a 454 chevy or 455 olds motor in my s10.i just cant afford one at this time, and i might be tempted too smoke the tires too often anyway.And then i would likely burn a lot of gas when wood ran out.

3 Likes

The V8 S10 that I have for sale weighs 3060 lbs. inc. gasifier

3 Likes

Hi Peter Coronis,is that weight including the gasifier, just curios, i dont know if i seen your s10,Do you have a pic of it,THANKS

1 Like

Hi Peter C the s10 is a true work of art, you must have did quite a bit of fabrication before this build, I am truly surprised at how well you built the s10 and still keep it that light, Nice Job.I will have too use the 2.4 motor i have for now.Though what are you asking for the s10,Thanks

1 Like

Hi Don Manns,I seen your 1.6 1995 motor running like a champ under wood gas geo tracker on YOU TUBE,and first drive after dist,advance,If that little motor runs about that powerfull most the time, i can live with that power to weight rational,Thanks That would be about like my toyota pickup 1985 22re motor in a 3600 OR 3700 pound s10 with junk yard steel,no fancy weight reduction other than smaller barrows,tubes ect.after gasified.

1 Like