Pre-heating the Charcoal/feedstock with exhaust gasses

your idea is somehow already functional build and tested ?
i am now first finishing my curent build and will try to get the best out of it.
i have only little heat loss and energy loss from the design i use and the new idea i am building, will reduce the heat -energy loss from the ic engine.
actually, i don’t need a cooler and there is a huge efficiency gain.
as for gas quality: for cooking or IC engines, the quality has been sufficient and the engines, despite the visual effect of the flare, have been performant.
So, before i start a new road, i will bring the ongoing to an succesful end.

Hi Marco, I’ve been looking over the diagram you posted and want to make sure I understand it. You show the engine exhaust mixing with the charcoal gas. This means the engine exhaust (which is C02 and some H2O) will mix with the charcoal gas (which is mostly CO). Enough oxygen will be allowed to mix with this combination of gasses to ignite in the presence of a spark. This gas mixture will be under pressure coming from the engine. Yes? As it is forced through the nozzle, the spark will ignite it creating a flame. May I assume the flame is created by the oxidation of CO to form CO2? This flame will impinge on an iron or copper disc which will act as a catalyst to convert the CO2 into CH4? Is that correct? I think I am missing something here since there is not enough hydrogen in the gas stream to do this. I am intrigued with the thought of using a catalyst to improve gas quality hence my desire to understand everything you are saying.
Thanks for bringing up these interesting details, just need a little more clarification so I can wrap my head around the idea and give it a try. The diagram really helped so if you have any more, I’ll encourage you to share them. I am mostly a visual learner.
Gary in PA

it is - going on? marco where are your texts?
c is a bit frustrating to lose all these valuable information.
c is difficult to understand this complex technology!
your expertise is unique share with us please
thierry

It appears Marco cancelled his account. I’m not sure why. Marco if you’re reading this and would like to sort out whatever happened, send me an email, [email protected]

I have restored Marco’s content, which should not have disappeared even if he cancels his account.

Marco, I have been following this blog so I can read your posts. I was going to ask you to create some youtube videos of your experiments in the english language. I am very interested in what you are doing. I notice your youtube videos have been pulled too. Are you mad or did you find the "Holy Grail " of gasification and don’t want to share. I will miss your posts. I hope you have great success in your efforts. Gordon

Marco is afraid that commercial people would use his content for their own purposes.
I am in contact with him by e-mail and he expressed his feelings about some of the reactions.
He deleted his content and canceled his account.
I respect him and his work and asked him to reconsider.
I would like him to feel good and to be proud of his work.
I believe in his capability’s and i love his spirits.
Unfortunately he had some bad experiences in his live and acts accordingly.
I am awaiting his answer and hope to see him back here.

Hi Marco and welcome back. I am starting to get my head wrapped around most of what you are saying. Thanks for the clarification. When the weather warms up, I hope to put something together and test the concept. Interesting that you consider CO2 and H2O as “dirty syngas”. Do I have that correct or is it CO that is dirty? I guess what I am asking is what do you consider “clean syngas” to be? CH4? You also talk about reducing CO2 to CO at 95C. If you can do that, I’d like to buy some stock in your company. Forgive my pessimism, but that has to be impossible unless you have green plants do it. But then again, I am open to learning if you are open to teaching. However, I understand your unwillingess to give out too much information for fear of it being utilized for someone else’s profit. Just give out what you feel comfortable with and thanks for the thought provoking ideas!
Gary in PA

-starting from CO2 is possible obtain CO + O2- ?
i understand the process of photosynthesis resulting in C and O2
but i can, not, yet, understand your conclusion.

your process sounds interesting: partial oxidation with external energy to form Co from carbon and oxygen an reverse the process.
the reversing part remains a bit of a mysterie to me

You sure lost me?