Pre-heating the Charcoal/feedstock with exhaust gasses

Hi Marco, I will try to phrase this right. In your experiments have you accounted for the large energy requirements of compressing your co2 “from the bottle” and the energy used to heat your gasses. Physics says to paraphrase " there is no free lunch" and entropy always wins in the end. You cannot make such bold claims and offer no tangible numbers. If you cannot share the facts due to obligations why reveal any of it?

I stumble over your balance act: C+O2=2CO
as far my knowledge and experiments brings me: C+O2=CO2 and C+1/2O2=CO
i did not find a membrane for separating the O2 from the CO

to stay on my project: charcoal and exhaust gasses, heated with the HHO, to produce syngas
if i could find a way to eliminate the Nitrogen, i would be happy.
imho, a closed loop is not possible due to the fact that syngas needs air or oxygen for combustion, hence input and output will not be the same volumes/amounts

By volume, dry air contains 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen,0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases.

the ocean, and other water sources on the earth regulate how much co2 is in the atmosphere… if people were really concerned about the environment they woudl work towards cleaning up earth water… if we halved the co2 level in the atmosphere what do you suppose would happen to earth’s plant life? co2 isn’t pollution… it’s plant food. Things to think about…

interesting read… and that’s all… I do suspect ash and rock being pushed out into the atmosphere may have been more a contributing factor than actual co2… personally i don’t by into or believe any of the co2 bs the gubberment spews… just saying…

in the converter reactor -purificator tars they are transformed into CO?

tars they participate in heating the reactor?
or transformation is rather co endothermic?

If you powered koens trike,how much more biomas would it take to drive 50 miles after going through your puifier reactor, or has this been tested with actual miles per biomas on ice vehicle.With and then with out the purifier reactor.BBB stay warm.

just wondered had it been road tested,or btu tested per lbs of bio mass, seems if it useing less biomas it would be worth adding too any gasifier.Dont look too hard too add for personal use once dementions were figured out.do we have your permission too test the theries/results//or to use. PS is this for charco gasifier only or wood gasifier allso been tested,THANKS

At a later date posibly try and reach some sort of dementions for truck size barrow unit , not building nothing new till finish what i am working on, would allways be nice too see biomas go twice as far, if the added weight did’ent defeat the gains,Thanks

I study your idea step by step and it is a little mystery the way you claim the exitting syngas from your system could be usefull for an IC engine.
as known since day one, any tranformation, change of state, requires energy.
it is the sum of energy input, minus sum of useable energy output, that determs the actual efficiency.
in your drawing and your different explanations, there are some questions remaining.
to make pellets is a large sum of energy required…
To crack tar into useable gas, energy is required, hence the sum of endothermic reactions is bigger then the energy available in your system.
this only in my opinion as for how much i understand your idea.
Cracking steam into oxygen and hydrogen with glowing carbon, is an endothermic reaction, overall, the liberated oxygen is spent in the reduction zone of the reactor, if no extra heat is generated or added, the reaction will cool down, hence extra oxygen is required to maintain the carbon glowing.
any impurity in the charcoal, aka volatilles, are causing endothermic reaction.

in all my reactors, i try to eliminate losses and reduce the amount of reduction processes to a minimum.
extracting the volatilles from wood in the charcoaling process, makes them useable for other means, wood vinegar, and it makes it possible to use or control the energy from the glowing charcoal.
it is all about the end product desired.
To have an ic engine running, thre are not to much requirements, just make it easy to understand and easy to use.

towards your concept, unless you could give a step by step explanation, leading to an succesful build, a guide easy to understand,
you should build a working device, without revealing to much secrets, and show us the results on a running IC engine.

up till now, i have seen results of your work, producing heat and flames, where as the origin of its energy is unclear.

Combustion and all the physic logic behind it is well known, resulting in one rule:
Output is never bigger then the sum of energy input.

the concept of this thread is simple: how to heat the charcoal, required for this charcoal topic, with the lost heat from exhaust gasses, how to eliminate the overall losses and the goal is to increase the overall efficience.
since there is no IC engine capable to run without sufficient oxygen, the output gas of my system, at full conversion rate, will always be the amount of CO from the reactor + the amount of air from the combustion.
Even with a nitrogen separation, it would be impossible to make it a closed loop system.
FYI, i am very famliar with plasma gasification of syngas, it reduces the heating value of the gas with almost 50% not mentioned energy spent for the pkasma generator.

Marco C, and koen, GOOD LUCK .seek and ye shall find /

I have to pass on this one.
if the sum of output energy is bigger then the sum of input energy, then i need to study a bit longer
i will continue my build and work my way up from there.
Marco, i am looking forward to see one unit from your idea at work.