Pre-heating the Charcoal/feedstock with exhaust gasses

Trying different solutions…

Your video is not available on Youtube so unfortunately i can not comment on that.

Your work is in contradiction with my knowledge, so i guess the burden of proof is on your shoulders. I don’t want to do anything to proof either your system works or not, that is entirely up to you, you deserve that. I would like you to succeed. You have my encouragement.
Only after your succes, i will try to build one. These credits belong to you.

now waiting for what you can do with the escaping gasses.
for me it looks as complete combustion already, so, what is the content of the gasses after the lid came on ?
how hot was the flame temperature ?

I don’t really understand what is meant by “ionized flame”. But I believe you are saying the gas that is created in an ionized flame is much better than “dirty CO” gas. Can you put a bell over the top of that container and restrict the air so it can’t immediately burn. Then hook a hose to the top of the bell and have the gas flow to the other end of the hose and light it for a flare. Thus proving that you have a superior gas to CO. TomC

Here is an innovative gasification technology very similar to what Marco presents.
Biomass is pyrolyzed before being purified to over 1000 degrees Celsius in another reactor.
It is a fixed installation.
What about you?
Sorry, the document is in French; go read pages 6 and 7 in particular.

http://sycomoreen.free.fr/syco_francais/Docs/PHRSD/Bigot.pdf

these are exact the principles and the benefits of using high temperatures, also the base principles of my converter.
but here they clarify the diference between autotherm ( energy from the feedstock, carbon spent) and allotherm (energy from an external source)
in my case . topic, i try to use the waste heat from the exhaust as energy source
but if you read carefully the topics on DOW, you’ll see that a WK and many others are doing the same with heat recovery for preheating the air for example.

did i ever mentioned that i do this line of work in France? ( bureau d’enginerie, R&D energy renouvables, machinerie et techniques de recyclage)

Marco’s technic seems to be more promissing, lets wait for his results.

Trigaux, I particularly like the last page, "we must make choices… " All these fun toys we build so few of us ever admit that biomass is a limited commodity. Usually it is not so limited in the rural under populated areas where so many of us live but when it takes off supplies will gain value. That is why we must always try to be as efficient as possible with our designs… Probably why I’m following this thread. Heat recapture has promise. I have no time to experiment on it so I’ll let Koen do the heavy lifting… in flip flops.
Best regards, David Baillie

E = mc^2 ?

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nuclear_Physics/Nuclear_Fusion_and_Fission

Marco, i knew you where making a nuclear plant on wheels :wink:

this is a must read for those who wants to combine theory with a practical build and succeed

Very interesting read Marco. I read it all and my head hurts now:-)

No i did not stopped reading after the home page, matter of fact it was after page 12 , but there i switched to research on the matter, to make sure i understand a little better what you where explaining.

The moment that you start playing with fission or fusion, its called nuclear science.
I envy your knowledge in that field and i really want you to continue and surely not going to stop you here.

in fact, if you follow my links to the related articles, you will see that they back up your knowledge, you are talking real science period.

Your website and my first research does confirm that you might be able to do as you claimed, so i am realy looking forward towards a MC Reactor.

Marco believes that the gas coming out of your gasifiers are dirty and that they would gain has to be purified.
By causing abstraction of the energy cost of the purification what extent increasing
you think he will be a gain to purify?
In what extent do you think the performance of an engine would be improved?
In what extent do you think the water vapor would be diminished?

If the input material of my gasfier is good, then the output is pure.
Marco’s setup can not be more efficient, since he converts to much, without calculating the energy needed for every conversion.
I refrain from arguing about his vision, but my goal is set clear and within reach. Use all btu’s at their maximum potential.
This is a charcoal topic, so i stick to that and put the waste heat from the exhaust at work to convert charcoal into shaft power.

Not have to use a cooler downstream saves about 15%
Any conversion losses about 30% of its potential energy
(Rule of thumb)
Looking at his proposal, the gas will be diluted and loose another 50% of its potentiol, since the Co2 formed in his combustion process, will not be converted into CO again

as i accordance to the link you submitted lately, a huge reduction zone, sufficiently heated at elevated temperatures, will do the trick.

so the balance i achieve in my model of the Gilmore Simple Fire is very useable for daily purposes
the ability to play with it makes someone happy