Pre-heating the Charcoal/feedstock with exhaust gasses

it would be making more sense if you paste the whole email instead only this little piece.
quote:
Koen,
HHO flame is an IONIZED FLAME in this way for me is a PLASMA.
You need to think not to nitrogen but on PLASMA and FREE ELECTRONS.
Nitrogen fission appear in part also on diesel engines. As you can see the air4gas website don’t contain any commercial riferiment or email was made only for disclose the informations. However I don’t want denigrate anyone. If you are referring to dirty syngas is what I see for video posted from your students in thailand.
If actually the reality is this you can start from here and improve your system.
What is your real goal? make a good product or make you say that it is even when it is not so? Sorry but I’m very direct with my words.

Regards
Alessandro

Alessandro,

I 'll bring you this blunt but with no bad feelings towards you

Before you make a fool of yourself, please use correct data on your website.
And stop trying to make fools of others…

For example : HHO is not water in the 4 th state of matter
fourth state of matter is plasma, HHO is not plasma period

Fission of Nitrogen is known since Einstein and Oppenheimer went together and ignited the first A-bomb
The fear was that air would burn and self-sustain the reaction from nitrogen fission.

In an IC engine indeed nitrogen fission exist, but in case of peak pressure and peak temperatures only. To be avoided by law because of the Nox emissions after the complete combustion.

I’ll bring you my remarks here in a nutshell but i hope you will bring your story in order with good understanding of professional ethics and standards.
plasma is plasma
ionisation is ionisation
energy is energy
this list is endless, so don’t use or abuse terminology wrongly period.

To your topic, C N O reactions in any kind and your work in this field are taken seriously and deserve attention and encouragement.
end quote

FYI
i reviewed your movie and your comments and my conclusion is as follows:
the only thing what can be observed is total combustion.
where as first the flames are in the center and not all exposed to combusting air, after the bowl is out on, the flames are pushed outwards and a larger surface is in contact with air to combust. resulting in a complete combustion.
This same appearance is noticed with the fuel stoves i grow up with, the soon the iron and ceramic was hot and fuel-air ratio was optimal, a nice blue reddish glow appeared.
keywords air to fuel rate and temperature.
no combustible gasses to see, they would bump on and of if there where, same as above glowing charcoal, smothered with fresh charcoal.
no proof of what so ever is given that these gasses can be used elsewhere.
maybe you can post a test run with some piping and an burner connected, preferable dough be it an IC engine

to the main topic and the cause of my remark to you in a private email:
this is the charcoal gasifier section.
here we post experiences from charcoal gasifiers
The only thing i promote is building charcoal gasifiers, mine are based on the work of Gary Gilmore and his or others experiences.
I am proud to be a learner and happy to share whatever i experience with my work.

Koen last picture you posted remained unexplained.
This version is it to be heated by HHO?

Not sure yet about its final destination, its foreseen as two stage charcoal gasifier, but i am waiting for testing.
first the build with the exhaust.
The HHO module could be implemented on any other gasifier
I love this endless experimenting

I too would like to spend time on this kind of expériences.But I can undertake nothing before finalizing certain choses`
Here it is 20-25 degrees Celsius under zero for several weeks it was not very convenient for bricoler.Your try gives me the illusion of progress while waiting to test myself.
Thank you for sharing so generously
Thierry

The newest development…
This Co2 Converter setup uses green waste charcoal + the waste heat from the exhaust gasses AND the exhaust gasses itself, to produce electricity and syngas for a cooking unit or for storage the syngas for later use.
All the exhaust gasses are turned into use, NO EMISSIONS…

Innovation Made in Thailand

Why waste more energy if already wasted energy can be used ?

The Co2 converter technology from Renewable Energy Thailand does what it say’s

Convert Co2 into energy

1 Like

Hi Koen
This seems very impressive. Can you explain a little more?
You recycle 100% of échapement gas?
Introduce yourself HHO to heat the reaction CO2 reduction?
Thierry

Hi Thierry,
Yes, i use 100% of the gas d’échappement pour le chaleur.
puis j’ajoutte HHO pour augmenter la temperature jus’q au niveau neccesaire…

ofcourse there is more output from the gasifier then the engine needs, more from the air needed for the combustion in the IC engine, + the carbon being gasified + the HHO.
The HHO is only little, about 2 liters per minute at max.
I start with air + HHO with spark ignition

:wink: i hope you can read my french :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s great and almost incredible!
Do you have an idea of the energy balance of the whole?

the use of exhaust heat counts for 30% from the engine input
The HHO takes about 400 watts at max
The charcoal is now gasified with the “external” heat applied instead of combusted/ converted

the exact numbers need to be measured in lab conditions,
this setup, as pictured, is a “real life”

but imagine the possibility’s

1 Like

Well, darn, I don’t see any of Marco’s posts, but this is an interesting topic anyways!
You do fascinating work, Koen, and I await a schematic that clarifies what we’re looking at in the last picture. Thanks for sharing your charcoal adventures!

2 Likes

Koen,
Does your reactor have a catalyst like magnetite, limestone, nickel, etc to form burnable NH3 instead of NOX emissions?

Bruce,

No it does not.
The NOx , formed in the combustion chamber of the ic engine, is reduced at almost nill, due the characteristic and effect from the exhaust gasses in EGR mode.

keeping the peak temperatures low in the combustion ( ic engien ) is the key ( no big problem with woodgas )
using NH3 in combination with intake air will spike the combustion temperature and requires other methodology.

future wise many improvements can be developed.

i hope i have understood your question well and replied correctly.

1 Like

Thanks Koen. Fun fun fun!

I do not understand why we are so few of us interested in what comes Koen derealize?
Gaséifier biomass without the burn, only from the external energy (gas and hho échapement) seems remarkable.
I have some questions to ask if I spoke English

1 Like

Don’t worry Thierry, many are interested, no need for big talks, they can use the knowledge if they please…
It also can help them if they want to build their own designs…
That is why sharing is important…
If you know that it can be done, you won’t give up on your work

2 Likes

Hello Van Looken… I have checked online but I haven’t found any patent about your CO2 converter…however your actual CO2 CONVERTER design can’t produce an good quality syngas because is wrong mix HHO togheter with the exaust gas… you produce an unnecessary high thermal power locally but the syngas quality is bad. And … is wrong use an bigger amount of charcoal inside the reactor because some carbon atoms, produced by HHO/EXAUST GAS reaction and captured from the syngas flow , are mixed togheter with the output syngas. You can use these atoms in other way reducing a lot the amount of charcoal and increasing the production of good quality syngas using 100% of exaust gas from the engine. That means also reduce a lot the dimension of reactor. You upload just photos but is possible watch an little video with the syngas flame from CO2 CONVERTER with an burner? Don’t worry… are just suggestions… Best Regards

Hello Lanini…

I must be doing something wrong then, coz i do have useable gas… did not count for atoms yet, but wil ask the running engine…

2 Likes

Havn’t already exhausted that subject😅

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… I always thought Koen’s systems work pretty dang good.