Pre-heating the Charcoal/feedstock with exhaust gasses

Pretty much… @lanini see the discussions below.

Koen Van Looken's CO2 Converter
Co2 Converter
The knowledge to build a Co2 Converter
co2 converter and closed loop system

2 Likes

Hi Mauro
What the introduction of HHO in a gasifier, it is different from the steam? (Same chemical composition!)
The water vapor and gas to exaust injected into a high temperature carbon bed has produce quality syngas?
J test to understand,
Thierry

On the HHO input of 400 watts max. Where does the power source come from to run the HHO generator? Also what voltage are you running the unit at? A/C, D/C, frequency?
Bob

@ Thierry
HHO must interact DIRECTLY with the charcoal for make local reduction zone… after exaust gas (CO2 and STEAM) must pass through this reduction zone … NO MIX HHO AND EXAUST GAS TOGHETER… ONLY using this design you obtain an good quality syngas. Please try experiments… and think with your mind…

@ Bobmac
with 400W you obtain no more than 1.8LPM of HHO … HHO is just made by electrolysis… don’t lost time and moneys on special power supply… DC battery and capacitor in parallel is enough…

i recognize the style of Lanini… must be an old friend ? Marco ?

1 Like

Bobmac, the power from the HHO comes from the batterycharger and the generator.
Yes i can play with the amps, volts and frequency.

Lanini, try to learn more…

The exhaust gas is been heated with the ignited/combusting HHO flame up till required temperature to gasify the charcoal.

1 Like

That’s about what I’m getting out of my HHO cell (Joe Csll) 2.2 lpm max.
Thanks. Bob

Yes I see what you doing. Keep up the good work. When you add this kind of gas it changes what happens in the reaction with in the reactor.
Thanks. Bob

Sorry… Who is Marco?

Understand FULLY your design but … leave it to the HHO his work… heating directly charcoal… and on the bottom inject exaust gas… adding an temperature sensor inside the reactor work a lot… you can admin the HHO gas ONLY when you need temperature… Why use HHO gas when the temperature is ok for obtain the reaction?

Who is Marco…

The same is happening again…" i fully understand your system but… forgot to read above postings ???"

tell me if i have a deja vu…

1 Like

Surely… I have checked on forum and I found the posts of Marco CIoni … some italians are working on HHO and wood pellet… no news … do you have update your design and/or is possible watch an video based on working CO2 CONVERTER?

1 Like

sorry Marco, if you try this, don’t waste my precious time…

HI koen ,good luck with the hho EXPERIMENT, the 120 pack cell i built before switching too wood gas a little over year ago,was lucky too produce 70 percent of the gas it used in wall electric.so it seems like a looseing battle,unless there is some majic going on, or for heating purpose might be gain.I think i would have too recycle all of the waisted heat from reaction and engine exoust, too see if any gain results,Keep us posted Thanks,Those HHO torches make handy rusty bolt heaters for mechanics as the heat hardly moves from the area of the nice small flame.

1 Like

Dear Koen …for curiosity I ran on google + in your last gasifier charcoal using HHO gas and exhaust gas in closed loop … then reading this thread you have confused with a man who has the nickname like mauro Lanini … definitely Italian with much brain but with its own identity. Anyway I want to specify that using the closed loop and the HHO is my idea that you did your saying that you have an imaginary patent that definitely will not exist as there is no video of this gasifier loop that uses 100% of the exhaust gas to the simple reason that it does not work and will not work for you as designed. In a closed loop if you continue to add combustion air containing 21% oxygen and 78% nitrogen will not be long that your engine will stop because it saturates the circuit of closed loop. To obtain a gasifier closed loop that functions need to go in another direction and eliminate the charcoal completely using only CO2 and water steam and a “catalyst” that allows it to maintain the reaction temperature. In a closed loop you must always have a constant flow of combustible gas, oxygen, and exhaust gases which are then processed in the reduction reaction. The engine has to be preheated and then must be initiated and controlled closed loop must completely eliminate nitrogen. You must not forget that for chemical reactions necessary to obtain respective temperature and pressure, and you want to experience both with an engine that generates exhaust gases at 1000 ° C and pressures above to 1bar. The other problem is to eliminate the charcoal … if you already use CO2 gas have already been your source of carbon and oxygen in clean form. If you then add a new design gassificatoe, the catalyst and water steam to your CO2 stream then you get the chemical reaction becomes complete. Do not forget that the reactions are endothermic and so if you do not keep the temperature high will not have that dirty gas output.

Dear Marco, Mario or whatever…
The system shown is not a closed loop system and it will never be…
If you want to build your own version of whatever system, do so…
But keep your comments on how bad other builds are and all comments about your knowledge to your own projects…

2 Likes

HI koen and marco ,i dont see any real hho cells that garrontee 100 percent efficncy, lots of claims, no garontee’s other than the bob bois cell that if you are more 1/4 thousands in between the plates out,then you wont get the 240 percent, that is only if the magnetic feilds of the earth havent changed,then the majic frequincy wont work anymore,I wish i would have bought me a plasma cutter the first time,water gas electrolysis IS A SCAM A BUMB STEER AND A HOAX .IN MY BOOK. All though i like koens work,as it uses common scrap wood and makes energy too the wheels,good work koen on the charco power machines.SWEM

4 Likes

Hi Kevin,
I share your opinion on HHO cells, in so far that, even the best HHO cell will only give back 70% energy output (Max) from the input energy.
The only reason for me to use it in the above setup, was to obtain the needed heat for rising the exhaust temperature to the needed level.
There might be other way’s, but i have not looked into that yet.

So, 2 blunt statements, on me:
1: There does not exist overunity…
2: There is no free energy…

One more;…
It might be possible to harvest some kind of wasted, floating energy, and use that to perform work with it…
Sound waves, radio waves, shock waves… electromagnetic fields…
The sum of harvested energy, used as input in a device will always be greater then the energy output of such device…

1 Like

That would be the standard teaching i know, my bro is into over unity devices,though i havent seen any major watts collected over and above,we tryed the bedini set up,it makes differnt types of battery charge effects, depending on the setup, hav’ent seen any over unity,other than the batterys last longer supposivly,after filling the batterys with alum.Not much fun fooling with electronics to me.Thanks.Farming wood and or bamboo works for now, should any usable power devices be found,i will share them on dow.

1 Like