Real Deals , gasifier material and parts

Here’s a very good deal on check valves. Each one includes two Fernco-type rubber couplers, and SS clamps! That’s 10 valves, 20 Ferncos and 40 SS clamps, for $60 and free shipping.

EDIT: For some reason he’s listing these one at a time. If the listing is sold, look for other items by the same seller, he’s probably relisted it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-10-Hico-Check-Valves-2-IPS-S-S-Worm-Gear-Clamps-Neoprene-Flapper-raised/322423551945

For reference, I have used these valves to eliminate the manual operated ball valves on gasifier inlet, blower outlet, air filter lines, and pressure relief valves underhood. They work awesome, I’ve never had one get stuck or leak.

3 Likes

Thanks Chris S i was just about too ask you about them working on my inlet air, because as you have experianced when you stall the motor, out rolls the smoke from the intake air pipe. Can you mount them virticle or just horzonal.?

Thanks Chris .

I couldn’t let that deal pass by :relaxed:

1 Like

They can work either way. Vertical works great, it takes very little pressure to lift the flapper. If they are mounted horizontal make sure the hinge is on top, and the valve is slightly angled up, so they fall closed.

Good going! Let me know how those Fernco’s look, I’m curious if they’re the real deal or super-cheap knockoffs… can’t tell from the picture. The ones I’ve bought before didn’t come with those.

Thanks for the tip Chris
I couldn’t pass that deal either.

Wood chunker .

Lot of iron for 200 bucks

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/grd/6011702855.html

I took the wife out shopping and yard saleing this morning .

Two bucks is not bad for an air tank ( gasifier parts ) :grin:

4 Likes

Is that your next woodgas project in the bed? I have fond memories of that make and model… :wink:

1 Like

I have fond memories of that recliner too!

1 Like

Hey Chris.

I have been giving this some thought. :blush:

www.hoveround.com

2 Likes

Is that chair taking the place of the thinking stool?

1 Like

Great price on the air tank, they are hard too find at that price. Bills mini WK might fit the hover around.

1 Like

Hello Mr. Bill

I tried the recliner for a thinking stool but it didn’t work out . However it does a good job at putting me asleep :yum:

6 Likes

When I went back to the well company, I picked up these jewels. These are Flotec pressure tanks. The bladder is secured at the bottom. Remove a few bolts and the bladder pulls right out. The bolts can be used to secure a plate to clean out the ash. If it is used for a hopper, the fixed bolts can be used to secure to the bottom half of the gasifier. I’m glad they had two of them.

11 Likes

Build a plate to fit that hole pattern and you have a nice foundation for a removable restriction plate.

1 Like

2" restriction will run most small engine on wood chips with 1/4" pipe as your jets. Jet ring should be around 6"

If you run pellets may want to go with a 1.5" restriction hole use the same 1/4" pipe for jets but the jets will need to be choked up a bit to around 4"

Jet height from the restriction should be 4"

5 Likes

I’ve been working on my cooling rails, and im gonna need some high temp pvc couplings soon. where are you guys getting them?

thanks!

~L’Chaim

I cut pieces of straight radiator hose and fastened them with SS band clamps for high temperature places.

3 Likes

Hello L’Chaim .

I was lucky enough to find some at a flea market but it was pure luck .

Dustin Moore has found a retail outlet post # 17 of this thread .

If you run into a dead end send me you mailing address and I will see that you get some.

The ones I have on hand are 2-3/8 inch inside dia. but can be clamped down to less than 2 inch .