Real Deals , gasifier material and parts

Good deal on hole saws.

Hi Marvin,
I seem to just get to some blog with that link.

I looked at post #17 you referenced, and I suppose I could make eithier the 2 1/4" size stretch, or clamp the 2 1/2" size down to fit my 2 3/8" OD rails. the 2 1/4" size is priced at $5.66 apiece, and more for the 2 1/2" size. So I think Iā€™ll check into the radiator hose. Thanks a bunch @Wayne for the offer. I apprieciate it greatly!

@don_mannes Do you like how your radiator hose is working? do you see any reason why not to use it? Also, assuming that a 2 3/8" size is not made, what size do you think would eithier stretch or shrink to fit? (Iā€™m not real familiar with radiator hose and its properties)

Thanks All!!

~Lā€™Chaim

HI Lā€™Chaim, I bought 2 3/8ā€™ā€™ rad. hose in 32" pieces. made by Gates. Itā€™s not cheap, but works great.

2 Likes

I use the high temp connectors up front and the Frncos down stream .

3 Likes

I agree with Al Frick. I think I bought it by the inch at the auto parts store and cut it with a hacksaw.

1 Like

Sounds good, I got a sack of ferncos for the side rails and other plumbing, Iā€™ll look for some radiator hose for the high temp places.

Thanks all!

Ok, i just priced some 2 3/8" radiator hose, and it came out to $21.50 per foot, with a temperture rating of 257F. Is this hot enough, or do i need the silicon hose at 350F and $37 per foot?

Thanks!

Lā€™Chaim

Hello LaChaim.

If you would like I will drop you 16 links ( about 3 inch each ) in the mail . I wasnā€™t planing on charging you anything :blush:

1 Like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-3-8-60mm-Straight-Silicone-Coolant-Hose-1-METER-Length-Intercooler-pipe-/281792468604?hash=item419c23d67c:g:3UEAAOSwcUBYRh~I
3ā€™ for less than $30 Rated 500F Other sizes and shapes are available.

6 Likes

Hi @Wayne,

Thank you very much for your offer. Very appreciated! I ended up getting the three foot piece of hose that @Carl posted a link to. (Thanks Carl!) Maybe I could cash in on your offer in a tour of your ranch or a piece of advice sometime if i get down that way. But thanks again Wayne for your generous offer!

The invitation is always open . You will be greeted with a smile :relaxed: and a load of dry wood .

1 Like

I wounder if some of the old plastic truck gas tanks would hold out vacuem for hay filter, it feels heavy duty.

It seems too fit the space in my little s10 truck when cut short too just over the roof and fab a lid on it.And feels light enough too take out for cleaning.Might need a ss sleeve in the center section for a little extra hold out strenth.

2 Likes

This looks like a good deal . Each peace of pipe should make 14 burn tubes .

https://gadsden.craigslist.org/grd/d/steel-pipes-driveway-lake/6278149017.html

2 Likes

heatsafeonline sells the ceramic blanket cheap for any experimenters.And silicone is reasobable from jrproductsinc if you buy about 13 tubes they are 3.98$ A peice free shipping for red devil HIGH TEMP.IF YOU SPEND 50 OR MORE BACKS. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Good deal on new drums.

https://bham.craigslist.org/grd/d/55-gallon-open-top-drums/6456036833.html

1 Like

Thats one good deal for barrels Wayne K , how can you tell when they are the 48# barrels, the heavyer barrels around detroit are about 30 bucks each or more if can find.I found a 40 # barrel in my stock pile, dont know if they still make the 40# barrels. ? Thanks.

1 Like

Thatā€™s real cheap compared to the one place that Iā€™ve asked about them up here in southeastern Montana. I think it was $50 or $55 for a lock ring 55 gallon barrel at the Murdochs western ag store.

I ordered this 12v blower 4 days ago and got it in the mail today.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/253113715565
This is a pretty good price with free shipping.
They have sealed wires into the housing

And also sealed wires into the motor.
sealed motor wired
I think I am only going to use one for suction blower because if my calculations are correct 130 cfm compares to my 2.2L engine at 3000 rpm.

7 Likes

Thanks Don. I will have to change my ā€œbook markā€ for bilge blower. The price is in the ball park BUT the quality dose appear better. I have always put silicon where the wires go into the case and this has it done properly. The old one I have on my desk, looks like it just had electrical plug ins and I donā€™t remember any boots. Also the entire end of the motor is sealed with a cap. It appear that the one Iā€™m looking at ā€œhadā€ a cap but I donā€™t remember. A lot of soot in the one Iā€™m looking at and this is where the air goes into the motor.TomC

1 Like