Red bear, long grass mower on charcoal gas

Probably you can get rods of spring steel and forge ypur own, shuldnt be too hard

10 Likes

Reminds me of the spring rake teeth we use on our haybind.

But i couldnt find any with 90 degree bend like that. Maybe you could addapt some like this if your unable to find the correct ones.

7 Likes

My guess is the original were a lot longer, and a bit thicker then what you have now, and possibly arenā€™t the original shape,and lost some of the stiffness when they got reworked but that may be a regional change as well.

I would probably look at the basket style like this. The v-style is probably the simplest and easiest construction though

Or make a small rotary tedder that fits on your bcs. Apparently they sell a belt tedder for them, but quite pricey at like $2700. But I think the rotary one is easier construction, and both arenā€™t supposed to pick up rocks.

4 Likes

Thank you for the offer Joep, very nice and thoughtful too :blush:
It still is almost touching 3000km to your place from here, so I think I will pass on that too, thank you very much though.
As said, I have gathered most of what I need for tractors.

This site really do support one another, woodgassers sure are friendly folks :smile:

10 Likes

:grinning: :grinning:, I am no woodgasser yet, just a wannabee.

Oef, 3000 km, I thought I googled JO once and it should be around 1600. But you know better, of course.

8 Likes

Yes, I was counting round trip. I was planning on going home again :wink: :smile:

@giorgio I donā€™t think I have ever seen those bent ones for a hayraker of any kind, could it be that the previous owner bent them as he saw fit?

The older hayrakers I have seen have thinner tines and are shorter, like the one Tone showed for his bcs. The one he carefully stored in the bushes :smile:

10 Likes

OH! if you are going to the work to build oneā€¦ Check out the Kuhn haybob 300 design. It only uses 15 shaft HP, but functions as a rake and a tedder and supposedly works well on uneven ground, which means a smaller version might be able to work with the bcs.

5 Likes

founf this foto in internet
seems a original spare part
868ee23d-50db-486d-854e-c03b0cefc615

10 Likes

Would these be something? Perhaps only need a little adjusting.

I also looked at this one to see which model the tines fit and then search for a supplier close to you.

6 Likes

Do you know why the next to last picture has a set up with two seats? Itā€™s so your wife can ride back there and tell you everything you are doing wrong. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Haha, seems to be a universal phenomenon :smile: I know my wife would like pedals on her side. She often pushes the brake pedal that doesnā€™t exist. I tell her I can mount bicycle pedals so she can help out uphill instead.

16 Likes

Ahh you have a tedder. :slight_smile:
Here i found this it looks like they are claas A-9029160
http://www.powellequipmentparts.com/baler_teeth-rake_teeth-tedder_teeth.pdf

Here is one in action. but it doesnā€™t have the same teethā€¦ so maybe less likely to pick up rocks?

====

Careful, she might just replace you with Mike.

10 Likes

Yeah. My wife is bossy too. Insists I watch the road instead of the scenery on the side. I tell her that Iā€™m a jedi and drive with the force. It doesnā€™t help. In the last century when I was teaching my kids to drive, if you picked up the carpet you would see foot print shaped dents in the floor pan of the car. Had to go through that agony 5 times. Another reason vasectomies are good.

10 Likes

When we go away, my wife does all the driving-I just get to hold the steering wheel. :grin:

14 Likes

You forgot to add ā€œof the road by the beachā€. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

johan, i have now ordered such parts , used for 2 euro one piece, but thank you for looking
ciao giorgio

6 Likes

this is another useful machine for hay raking

10 Likes

I hope Giorgio wonā€™t mind if I add a video of my BCS lawnmower here, otherwise itā€™s not wood gas, but propane

15 Likes

Nice recycled LPG tank.

3 Likes

For years, you had me convinced you only used a scythe to mow. :slight_smile:

5 Likes