Red bear, long grass mower on charcoal gas

It might work

You want a tar like grease
The kind you would find on wire ropes

Normal soap grease is full of oils held in suspension and any thing you would add to that would wash away the oils and leave with a calcium or lithium soap

grease would work but it’s a nightmare for making a mess and it’s impossible to clean up after
You would be better off with filter oil because it is designed to be washed out of the filter so you can reuse the cloth

Video shows how much of a nightmare rope grease can be

Imagine you had some on your pants or shirt and then came in the house and sat in n your wife’s clean chairs
Or maybe it got mixed in the laundry and got on your wife’s clothing

Wifey would flay the skin from your hide and make sleep in the barn for a week

3 Likes

the mowers come in action now…time for improvements now…

9 Likes

clean -out port at the reduction pot over the grate…with the port i can make very quickly a cleanout of the reduction and reaction area, bring out also bigger pieces like slags what would not pass through the grate and normally must been "digged " out from from the hopper side…when clean coal comes down, i close the port and the hot area is prepared for the next run…

9 Likes

the dust trap - is located at the bottom of the filter housing, where the cyclon pipe goes through,

11 Likes

we removed the petrol fuel tank - smile with every mile- …so it was more space for a longer cyclon , what works better as the first one.
dust on the upper part is removed by cyclon
finer dust on the foto down is from the dust trap.
yesterday i tried after the mesh filter a little provisoric cloth filter from bath towel, for to see if dust that passes the mesh filter, remains in the towel filter, but there was no dust…

10 Likes

dust trap in the cooling pipe, discs made from laundry - drum metall stops a lot of dust, it was immediately to see because normally the filter after one and half hour was completely full with dust and must be cleaned…
the rake-stick has found his place on board…
the last days we added a grate shaker , to move from outside. in opposite to the red bear mower, what has a bigger reduction diameter and must be never shaked during work, also for six hours long, the reduction of the blue mower plugs earlier because of smaller diameter(construction caused of the milk can vessel ) and must be shaked during work sometimes…

11 Likes

sign on secondary air start valve for the right air mix…
best to find colder or humid time in winter, in dry hot summer air is less delicacy…

12 Likes

Giorgio, you are an artist!

12 Likes

A wizard with stainless steel, that’s for sure. Maybe we should call you Dottore Giorgio.

8 Likes

Cody, this is called “sustainable development”, … :grinning::+1:

6 Likes

Very nice Giorgio, fantastic work :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice ss charco gasifier, I like your ss screen filter, seems you could use some sort of mesh size for primary filter and then finish filtering with a secondary oil damp towl filter;. I got too white this in my note book when i try a charco type gasifier.

6 Likes

i would guess, there are a lot of artists here on the forum!!
always nice to see builds from others and get information and inspiration…

10 Likes

kevin, i will try first a little provisoric foam-sponge- end filter for to see how much dust goes through the ss screen filter, eventually double or triple ss screen, one closed over the other…
eventually the holes in the screen could become smaller with using oil on it, with the dust should restrict more the holes…
i must observe in different tests…

5 Likes

I did not want to say anything that might detract from your great work here but I am alarmed by the amount of ash in this carb in post 30…

I think you are referring to me. it was a lot of fun you about smacked me for not pushing the pedal harder.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

I thought you had a driver licence back then. There was one other young teenager there too.
Bob

3 Likes

the blue mower with his new cyclone

6 Likes

fuel station

15 Likes

Wow giorgio, nice cyclone you built there. I had to take a closer look at the picture. Then I realized that also was your flame coming out, very clean looking gases. Hope to see a video of it running doing the mowing.
Bob

5 Likes