Signage For Woodgas Trucks

Hi guys,

A DOW business card with this logo would be handy to hand out to the onlookers.

Peter

Agree with Steve Unruh, the first font (shown in blue) done in white, but outlined in black. Also shrink the website back down so it fits on one line.

Peter, I just posted a file you can print for business cards if you like.

If anyone is handy with photoshop, you can do some black shading on the background and that allows the white lettering to show very well on the lighter background. I had that done on my business cards and it turned out great. I like the embers.

We are down to two choices, white letters or blue letters. There is no option for white outlined letters. Feel free play and change this design if you have more options.

There were some pictures and videos that Doug B took in Kansas and he actually caught stuff burning in Wayne’s hopper. Maybe one of these would differentiate things from a fireplace ??? I wonder if he would point us to them ??? The current signs are fine. I’m one of those folks that doesn’t wear clothes or hats with logos on them. I personally feel the advertisement should be tiny. The woodgas powered in the middle and centered and web link on the bottom. My 2 cents … Oh, I’m interested in a few magnetic signs that don’t make me a billboard when it settles out … ML

I’ll pre-order two of these in white lettering please. The only letter with a problem is the “P”.
I have a black laundry marker. Send money where??

Hey MikeL. guess we are different a bit, eh? I can and have taken the hats of and on coming and going and even worn many in a single day. Home logging town to semi-neutral Vancouver WA then onto downtown Portland OR Green-land. Turned shirts inside out as I felt necessary too. I have always refused to wear the backside logo’ed stuff where I cannot eye and face gauge the reaction. Dump out of all statement license frames, refuse all bumper stickers for the same reasons.

I like the woodfire logs ‘cause even our regional die-hard Greens (many family) can relate to this with nostalgia, campfire backside warm comfort and fresh made gooey smores.
Picture I took visitin’ from a very Eco-Green blood cousin’s house deck in the Seattle University district. Ha! Ha! He does not want wood smoke from us rustic Rurals blocking “his view” of “his mountain”. Nice enough guy otherwise.

Regards
Steve Unruh

I like the white letters on the embers better also. We are just getting a number up to see how many of what should be orered and will ask for payment and address when ready to order, so if you would like any of these magnetis signs Chris is compiling a list. Not sure how long we will be taking orders,

Richard, send me a hi-res version of the embers photo, I’ll see what I can do with it. What is the name of that font?

Steve, all of these signs are drawing the same attention to our wood-burning habits. If this is a sensitive topic in your area, then why put them on? But agreed that the embers look nice, and are not a “brand logo” like the DOW flame. Eventually I want to have many different styles on tap, some official looking, some plain-jane, etc. So this is all a good start.

I guess there was more interest in this topic than I first thought! Mark me down for one of the embers signs with white lettering. Thank you.

Maybe you ought to mention the carbon neutral aspect, so you can touch another segment of society.

Sign ideas look good. Especially the ones with the fire printed in the background. I think that white lettering pops more than the other colors.

I used to have a sign shop. I still have the equipment to do signage and T-shirts; although I have not had had time this summer to make any. I wanted to make some T Shirts for the site and am hoping to have time this Winter.

It’s all good … Just keep building … I just re-shaped a couple of turnbuckles for my lid so I can adjust the tension front to back … Need to get more acetylene, rats, I was just in town … ML

New version of the sign. Steve you can save your marker for the laundry.

Nice work Chris,

Best looking one so far.

Richard

Magnet door sign looks awsome, Thanks for the help Chris

Yes. Looks perfect to me.
Again. I’ll commit to pay for two door signs.
I could use these anywhere - makes people stretch their thinking out of their own pre-conceived pat little worlds.
And two T shirts WayneB as long as they are char/goo hiding dark colored.
I’ll have my own hats made up. Local gal here does those as one offs.

Regards
Steve Unruh

2 magnetic for me for sure, plus one license plate

Carbon neutral bio truck
FREEDOM!
driveonwood.com

Woody,

I like it!!