Some school in Thailand

proud to show… my works is been copied now to teach students and farmers under the supervision of a monestery…

1 lawnmower

8 Likes

2: 2 stroke bike

6 Likes

and this monk his youtube channel…

i am proud of their doings…

6 Likes

11 Likes

Looks like you have started something which is developing a life of it’s own. It is great to see others taking what you taught them and running with it. It gives us hope that we are having a positive impact on society in some small extent.

12 Likes

Good morning Koen .

WE are proud of you.

Keep up the good work :grinning:

11 Likes

Hi Wayne,
i feel priviledged to be part of this sharing/caring community called DOW…

10 Likes

Reading here is one of the last stops on my internet daily tour of news and information.
Most of the time I am left with a feeling very disillusioned by the state of the world. ( after reading my news papers that is )
But then I read something like this thread and I feel a little uplifted

Monks using wood gas, there is just something fair and honest about it.
It can improve the quality of life without harming the earth or exploiting people.
Well maybe it mighty do a little harm in deforestation but the over all benefits of it greatly outweigh the harms.
And those harms can be further mitigated by improved farming forestry practices

9 Likes

they are making progress, opened a school facility and do teach to others, for free or minimal costs

feel free to go visit them :grin:

2 Likes
6 Likes

This Monk is really getting the attention that it deserves…
Including the ministry of energy and for the development of farmers…

teaching how to make charcoal and having seminars how to build a set for themselves…

4 Likes

Thanks Koen . Very nice pictures.:grinning:

3 Likes

11 Likes

I think this monk must be related to SU…

His mantra: "don’t talk… do it "

8 Likes

I asked how much you are working with the monks? The 3 wheeled moped had a lot of Koen Van Looken showing in it. Also the other gasifier. TomC

3 Likes

Looking at the charcoal retort, am I correct in thinking that the outer rings are made of concrete? Is it able to take the heat without cracking or wearing away? If it is concrete, what went into the mix besides Portland Cement and Sand?

3 Likes

hi Tom,

They did build copy’s from my earlier work based on the info found on my postings and with some guidance i give them.
Its imperative that they can improve themselves and that they get a profound understanding of what they are doing, not just copying but learning by doing.

7 Likes

Hi Ray,

i am not sure what kind of materials are been used, i just try to push their thinking towards a good end product, quality charcoal. In the progress they make, they also positivly are teaching me…

14 Likes

Amen! twenty times over

5 Likes

This is becoming well known now…

7 Likes