Some school in Thailand

Thai monk , school now under Royal patronage…

The government support the nationwide training on the energy needs for farmers and rural villagers.

Trainings video for DIY builders…

5 Likes

The lady in black is the Kings Sister

4 Likes

It is not a success, it is a feat, think of all the gasifiers if they work at the same time, now and in the future, this must represent a good bundle of KW, knowing that under its latutides, the biomass grows quickly, it’s a master stroke. especially without overloading the air with CO2, and an energy within reach of all social strata, again congratulations.

4 Likes

Koen; Could you give us a little sonopsis of what we are looking at-- in English? I’m sure you have something that you want us to get out of these, but I for one only speak two languages-- Emglish and profanity. TomC

3 Likes

Hi Tom,
Looking at the explaining for purpose of education.
The different steps and what can be done with it.
Explaining how it works, steps involved, size of components , nothing special or nothing you don’t know already.

I also post this at DOW and point them towards the importance of their work.
trying to get them to look at the work thats also been done by others ( here on Dow )
Kinda make them feel proud , doing things and being on the world stage …

6 Likes

Ministry of energy with educational entity… Science Center for Education… The future engineers

9 Likes

This is great stuff Koen.

on another subject, last night I heard on the radio here that Thailand has only 7 deaths due to COVID. DO you think those numbers are actually accurate or do you think they may have some politics involved as well. ?

2 Likes

Hi Billy,
Those numbers are incorrect.
Here you find the official numbers, you can follow up worldwide

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

So far Thailand has 3162 cases and 58 deaths.

On the fore mentioned website you can click on a lot of information tabs

This is the official page from John Hopkins University, snoop around it might broaden your insights

8 Likes

Idea’s from those who learn to think outside the box with their new knowledge

9 Likes

Thank you,

I wanted to ask you … For that propane bottle Phapang design … hooked to a 100 cc tricycle … How long is the usable burn time?

1 Like

Koen,
What is the difference in the fuel efficiency between directly cooking over charcoal, versus cooking over the gas from an electric blower forced draft charcoal gasifier?

3 Likes

Looks like he has a variable speed control on the fan maybe it is more important to him to have a variable flame that is more easily controlled than just a charcoal fire.

1 Like

Hi Mark,
They get about 40 km driving range with it

5 Likes

Hi Steve,
Its a huge safe on costs for charcoal, since you don’t have to fire up a whole pot of charcoal.
Instead you just burn what you need and stop the gasifier…
( simplistic explained )

6 Likes

Koen; One question that sticks in my mind---- is it safe to cook on char-gas in an inclosed room. I don’t think so, but see pictures of people cooking in these small rooms with no light and dirt floors. ( not that the dirt floors mean anything except these folks surely don’t have carbon monoxide or dioxide alarms.) TomC

4 Likes

Hi Tom,

Indeed, it is NOT safe to cook in closed rooms.

But , outside of your view, the places they use this are actually always open or well vented.
Mostly there are no wall’s that fully enclose the places they cook, mostly halfway outside kitchens.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Koen, is that motorcycle a shaft drive or chain drive? And how did you bend your pipe?

Over here, motorcycles are too expensive to play with.

Nice !

3 Likes

Hi Jeff,

I doubt that the motorcycle owner is playing, if you mean wasteful frivolity. Over there everything is too expensive to play with.

Also, I am thankful for your beautiful work that looks seriously playful to me. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Jef,
This one is shaft driven
There are kits available for / with rear axle , shaft and special gear, that fits on nearly any bike/engine

4 Likes