Some school in Thailand

And bamboo !

Fuel that grows like weeds, that is nice ! Seems like the perfect fuel.

5 Likes

I got some kind of junk mail from Spanner re2
So I looked them up . They got project running again in Thailand
With the newly installed wood gasifiers from Spanner Re², the biomass power plant manufacturer from Lower Bavaria is getting a failed wood gas project from a non-Re² manufacturer in Thailand up and running.

Proven wood gas technology from Spanner Re²
In the repowering project, two biomass power plants from Spanner Re² with a total output of around 140 kWel and 260 kWth of the type “HKA 70” were installed. The customer’s existing old contracts were integrated into the project. An expansion with further biomass power plants from Spanner Re² is currently being planned.

2 Likes

some idea that came to fruition
TLUD with external burner for rice husk and sawdust…

11 Likes

I wonder if that would work with wheat chaff?

3 Likes

This is a big improvement on the sawdust stove and making use of the useable gases for cooking Koen. Let the Buddhist friends know this was a great video for everone to see in the world.
It is so simple it could even work with a draft only tall chimney pipe to draw air through the unit. With a blower to pull gases off the stove pipe and run the stove for heat control and the rest for heat if needed. I can see this unit working in a green house in colder weather than you have. With the use of mass storage heating this can heat a watertank also. This is a big break through. You could have more than one stove barrel ready to go and just swapping them out as needed in a green house let the one cool down and dumping it and reloading it with fuel.
Bob
Thank you for showing this video.

3 Likes

Thanks Koen, very interesting. My easiest suply would still be sawdust. This looks like a very easy way. Would it be engine grade gas? Edit, of course not. Stupid question.
Btw, the only word I understood was gasifier.

3 Likes

I see a long pipe going to the burner. Naturally this will cool the gas. I think a lot of tar, vinegar and water will condense in there. Perhaps these byproducts could be collected and used?
Rindert

1 Like
11 Likes

13 Likes

plat syngas
distillation.PNG

In europe, great energy difficulties await us, cogexyl has developed an autonomous system for the individual, a charcoal distiller with hot water heat recovery, for sanitary water, heating water, washing machine water with a copper circuit in its cover, is with the gas device, either we make electricity or charcoal gas for the gas stove, so without wasting raw materials, you are completely autonomous with ease…

17 Likes

nice designs…you use also water dripping for your cooking gasifier?
ciao giorgio

4 Likes

Not yet installed the steam, here attached the lid of the distiller with the copper coil for heat recovery in hot water.

8 Likes

Sorry for interfering, but my opinion about dripping water into the nozzle is not positive, as evaporating water absorbs a lot of heat energy needed for gasification, I think that fresh air cools the nozzle enough and preheats well. I think it is better to evaporate the water with hot gas leaving the gasifier and thus gasified and overheated mix with fresh air and blow into the center of the process.

5 Likes

Hi Tone…
Many things have been done in the past and the present…
Maybe your idea is feasable, experience will tell…

For me, i like it hot at the tip of my nozzle…
The cooling effect of the waterdrip in the nozzle is a benefit for that…

Normally i use the outer mantle of the gasifier to generate pre steam which then enters the nozzle…

Somehow i believe in cold air to enter the nozzle, different volume that enters the gasifier…

So many variables… most important are the different , shared experiences, achievements, with all our different approaches…

On the funny side… i think nobody can do better than me… my opinion… however, i see every build by others, being better than mine…(fact)
Facts outweigh opinions my guess…

Sidenote: i learn everyday, if not from my mistakes then from the achievements from others…

10 Likes

Tone. I did something similar to what you are showing in my large updraft charcoal unit.

If you look at the pictures around posts around 10 you will see a design I adapted from Don Mannes. Water is fed into a reservoir around and beneath the grate. Turns to steam and is drawn up into the reaction. It works. I also drip water into the nozzle of my simple fires. That also improves performance.

8 Likes

Good anniversaire Koen.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Thanks Francois, looking good! Looking back at my charcoal attempts, it was the temperature loss in the TLUD or Hookway. There are no shortcuts in woodgasification. You did an excellent job. And the gasifier is a Koen-type? Thanks, enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Ok Koen.

3 Likes

Oef, that is a lot of French. It will take me all sunday :grinning:

2 Likes