Some school in Thailand

Hi Steve,
Its a huge safe on costs for charcoal, since you don’t have to fire up a whole pot of charcoal.
Instead you just burn what you need and stop the gasifier…
( simplistic explained )

6 Likes

Koen; One question that sticks in my mind---- is it safe to cook on char-gas in an inclosed room. I don’t think so, but see pictures of people cooking in these small rooms with no light and dirt floors. ( not that the dirt floors mean anything except these folks surely don’t have carbon monoxide or dioxide alarms.) TomC

4 Likes

Hi Tom,

Indeed, it is NOT safe to cook in closed rooms.

But , outside of your view, the places they use this are actually always open or well vented.
Mostly there are no wall’s that fully enclose the places they cook, mostly halfway outside kitchens.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Koen, is that motorcycle a shaft drive or chain drive? And how did you bend your pipe?

Over here, motorcycles are too expensive to play with.

Nice !

3 Likes

Hi Jeff,

I doubt that the motorcycle owner is playing, if you mean wasteful frivolity. Over there everything is too expensive to play with.

Also, I am thankful for your beautiful work that looks seriously playful to me. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Jef,
This one is shaft driven
There are kits available for / with rear axle , shaft and special gear, that fits on nearly any bike/engine

4 Likes

Dear Mr. Bruce,

Play is the joyful participation in the sorrows of this world. If you would take the time to see Koen at play, and I really mean see with all your spirit, you would see the child within opening a brand new erector set. Like the artist with a new quantity of clay, creation. Work? No. There is no work here. This is creation. The ability to create is a virtue, that humans have develop.

Seeing the above creation, had the same effect as seeing the sun rising in the morning. Poetry in motion. Wow !

If I would venture a guess, I would say that “over there” has more room to play than the people over here. Over here, we trade our play time for working on bombs and stuff. We are obsessed with self- destruction and want to take as many people with us. So, you can keep your work, but allow me and others too play.

Cheers :wink:

7 Likes

Dear Jeff,
What a wonderful gift you are to DOW. Perhaps more than any on this forum, you are the play master. Keep teaching us to hold on to joy in the midst of our sorrows.
Cheers, indeed!

7 Likes

Bruce, you are too generous. The truth is; I like to BS too much …

3 Likes

BS make wood grow…:grin:

4 Likes

And bamboo !

Fuel that grows like weeds, that is nice ! Seems like the perfect fuel.

5 Likes

I got some kind of junk mail from Spanner re2
So I looked them up . They got project running again in Thailand
With the newly installed wood gasifiers from Spanner Re², the biomass power plant manufacturer from Lower Bavaria is getting a failed wood gas project from a non-Re² manufacturer in Thailand up and running.

Proven wood gas technology from Spanner Re²
In the repowering project, two biomass power plants from Spanner Re² with a total output of around 140 kWel and 260 kWth of the type “HKA 70” were installed. The customer’s existing old contracts were integrated into the project. An expansion with further biomass power plants from Spanner Re² is currently being planned.

2 Likes

some idea that came to fruition
TLUD with external burner for rice husk and sawdust…

11 Likes

I wonder if that would work with wheat chaff?

3 Likes

This is a big improvement on the sawdust stove and making use of the useable gases for cooking Koen. Let the Buddhist friends know this was a great video for everone to see in the world.
It is so simple it could even work with a draft only tall chimney pipe to draw air through the unit. With a blower to pull gases off the stove pipe and run the stove for heat control and the rest for heat if needed. I can see this unit working in a green house in colder weather than you have. With the use of mass storage heating this can heat a watertank also. This is a big break through. You could have more than one stove barrel ready to go and just swapping them out as needed in a green house let the one cool down and dumping it and reloading it with fuel.
Bob
Thank you for showing this video.

3 Likes

Thanks Koen, very interesting. My easiest suply would still be sawdust. This looks like a very easy way. Would it be engine grade gas? Edit, of course not. Stupid question.
Btw, the only word I understood was gasifier.

3 Likes

I see a long pipe going to the burner. Naturally this will cool the gas. I think a lot of tar, vinegar and water will condense in there. Perhaps these byproducts could be collected and used?
Rindert

1 Like
11 Likes

13 Likes