Testing new size fuel

Ok, Dave, i did put some stuff on Ants, will know day after tomorrow when i am back on the place.

Also have here the Lab test moister content
11,05 %

Surprisingly low…

2 Likes

Nice one Koen , i look forward to good results :smile:
Dave

2 Likes

Ok, back at home… been doing tests with more then 1 liquid…

Oh yeah, the ants did not like it, tooked their eggs and ran for their lives… the sprayed zone is “ant free” now…

and the whisky was delicious…

7 Likes

Been doing some harvesting to get more vinegar and charcoal… fuel…

5 Likes

Today’s batch of liquid … fuel / whisky / pesticide ?

Planning a test to mix it with diesel…

5 Likes

That sure looks like wonderful fuel. Your a lucky man to have a fast growing resource like that. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Those bamboo looked like 6 inches in diameter
How old were they?

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Koen , i guess i will have to look at distilling some wood vinegar anti ant juice myself when i get a chance. Is there a specific distillation temp that worked on the ants or can i condense my wood smoke and use that regardless as long as it comes out as liquid ?

Dave

Hi Michael,

This bamboo was 6 years old. The clump is about 9 years.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Yes you can use the condensate the easy way.
I have some brochure for making charcoal and vinegar from the royal princess
I will post this pdf to Chris to have it in the library

They use the simple long way, i use the fast lane. But their approach is also more real life…

edit: i was able to convert the pdf into picture

2 Likes

Thanks Koen , my guess is that brochure is pretty old or they just dont understand or care about asbestos over there ,

You mentioned you like the fast lane , would that be distilling/ separating the vinegar a different way , rather than allowing it to settle

1 Like

Sadly but, asbestos is still used here…
My fast lane is indeed separating the vinegar with the set i did build, but i am putting the outcome to a test now, leaving the product settle for 90 day’s and check what it becomes…

2 Likes

I redesigned the original box, now with a bolted lid and in/outlet + thermocouple. Going to tilt the oven on its side for a smoother activation process…

The box on the leftcan hold 5 Kg, the cylinder tube only 1 Kg

2 Likes

Koen, You just gotta love a “hands on” lady!

testing is fun, especially if the outcome is within expectations…

The output is consistent
The process easy to manage

The Vinegar , i tested the 5 different outlets, there is a significant difference with the refractometer, the last 3 bottles are in the range 1,10 to 1,13 density, the 2 first bottles have 1,25 to 1,3

Uploading a video clip now to show the gas outlet after the condenser and the gasoutlet when i am activating with Co2

4 Likes

The gas / smoke video:

and the Co2 with glowing Charcoal
( Co2 to syngas converter :grin: )

by the way, the gas is pure and powerful, no dilution with nitrogen

8 Likes

Ph test in the lab today…
The more dense liquid has a slight higher Ph value
The mix from the 3 last fractions, less dense, has a lower Ph

3 Likes

Good info Koen. This is Bamboo only, right?
The reason I ask is, do other woods have a different value? Are there trees that may be closer to a neutral level? We have Carl on this side of the pond replacing a lot of metal on his system compared to others. Just providing possible future tests. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every plant matter pirolise condensate shuld be acetic becouse of acetic acid content. Howewer, oak wood contains other chemicals that eat steel. Not sure why, my guess is maybee tannic acid.

2 Likes

Another factor would be the amount of moisture in the feedstock. Wetter = more dilution
I believe bamboo is fairly dry