The "What followed me home" thread

You guys scored. :slight_smile:

IIRC were 40k base price and with options they were over 50k in USD before taxes, shipping, etc.

I assume it has the grid-tie package and it might have a heat exchanger as well. but that might have been a later version.

You can probably pay for it if you hook it to a set of lights to shine on your solar panels to collect the feed in tariff rate 24/7. :slight_smile: Just remember to put the lights in the neighbors yard, and solar panels only collect from a very narrow bandwidth which may be in the infrared spectrum. Then you can honestly say “I didn’t touch anything!” when the utility sends their guy out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wish this followed me home , a nice 2001 V-10 3/4 ton 4X4 truck. Been looking for one for some time now. Dana’s daughter Millie bought this one from her father in law Tom. Millie is the third owner. Nice truck I hope I will become the forth owner some day. lol

15 Likes

After cleaning the shop for several months and seeing there is space now. Stupid, couldnt resist. Took this press home for scrap from a client. He said it still worked but had some small issues. I think a good chance to play a little and make some money😀

Three inches, serious piece of equipment.

11 Likes

I went to look at this…

Then I saw this…

But wait! What about this?

15 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:always a bigger Boss!

7 Likes

But BruceJ., It is easy.
You’d need #1, or something similar to move #3 around from place to place of needs.
#2 cannot possibly do that. An #2 would tracks dig itself snow buried, stuck for too much of the year for you. It can move maybe. But without power applying “tools” not much else.

The reason not to get #1 is if it duplicates what you already have.
Now that’s a decision problem alright . . . keep repairing what you do have. Or cheap easy get #1 as a back-up for a just in case the big Volvo takes big hydralic pump dump?
Isn’t your Volvo center articulating? This found one is single axle steering. Wider turning track line, yes?? Having to move more snow to travel?
S.U.

8 Likes

How much do those tracked things go for? It would make a heckuva autonomous lawn mower bot video. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Number three reminds me too much of myself. :sob:

8 Likes

Oh don’t worry, we can slap some paint on you and you will be fine. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh Steve! You are right, but also hilarious. The Hough is kinda scary with all that’s wrong with it. I am interested because it is Detroit powered…means it will burn garbage.
Number two is an Oliver OC-3. That’s coming home with me if I can help it.
Number three…I can’t remember what he told me about that. I think it’s a Waukesha. I am not afraid of that one at all.
There were others, that are interesting too…

13 Likes

Annnnd it’s home…

15 Likes

Giorgio shouldn’t have seen this,… :grin:

7 Likes

Very nice, what model? Allis Chalmers? :star_struck:

8 Likes

very nice toy, like mine, who could say No??
what is happened with the motor?
and than on woodgas, a dream…

8 Likes

A cheap, old, cast-iron inline six cylinder, with raised compression ratio would make it unstoppable on woodgas :smiley:

7 Likes

Thank you, it was a Oliver-Cletrac model HG.
It originally came with a Hercules F head four cylinder.

9 Likes

Nice, and a fun project, i’ve actually was into buying a Oliver Cletrac some years ago, they had converted it with a Volvo b16, 4cyl gasoline engine, and extra volvo gearbox, a real slow crawler.
The price wasn’t right though. :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Well, i think this fits into this category, even thought it followed me home more than five years ago…i kind of forgot i had it :roll_eyes:

This nice transportable conveyor was never used when i got it, remembered i had it yesterday and put it together today after work.
My thoughts was to use it when i should take care of my pile of garden waste, im gonna run it through the mulcher, right onto the conveyor, to make a nice compost pile.
After that it’s going to work in my wood chunk factory :smiley:

15 Likes

That conveyor, a real time saver and work efficiency! Is it three phase?

7 Likes

Yes, it’s three phase, these was mostly single phase 0,75kw, but this one came with two extension sections, and extension belt, i belive it’s the reason for the bigger motor, in Sweden we have maximum 16amps single phase.

7 Likes