Thrive Off Grid

Looking clean and sharp as always with your builds!

2 Likes

I think it looks sharp as well.
The bowtie’s are a spiffy addition. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

looks smart enough to take out with you anywhere . well done that man !

1 Like

Matt,
What filter material is in your “pancake” filter and what is the procedure for accessing and cleaning it?

1 Like

Matt, your constructions are really beautiful. on the last photo why the secondary air control valve is on the filter and not on the mixer? Isn’t this to overburden the admission less?

1 Like

I never hang a mixer valve on an engine. That extra weight can stress harden the bolts that mount the carb to the head and they can break off. Its a real PITA to get them out as most the time they use lock tight when installed. Plus the engine vibration makes it dificult to fine tune.

I always mix remote from the engine especially the electronic versions.

5 Likes

I use two different materials. For higher temps I use silica cloth and the for the colder fine filter I simply use filter felt its what it is made for.

2 Likes

Here is my tutorial on how to DIY a bag filter using filter felt or silica cloth. This filter is very effective while still being passive to reduce restriction of gas flows.

10 Likes

Where did you source those lid clamps and the ceramic fabric, please. I need some.

1 Like

If you are building a filter do not use those rings, you need to spring load that lid so it can relieve pressure. But anyways they come with the lids. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052P1QM4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Just do a search for silica cloth, I get it from McMaster Carr. https://www.mcmaster.com/silica-cloth/flexible-silica-fabric-sheets-and-strips/

3 Likes

I was asking about those four spring hold downs you put on the lid. I always figured that in a blow back that the flex hose would just blow off.

1 Like

Ah ok sorry I miss understood. https://www.mcmaster.com/1344A27/

What thickness do you use @Matt ?
Do you get the intake manifold completely clean with your filter?

2 Likes

The filter felt I use the 1/8 inch thick felt. For the most part yes the gas is fully scrubbed other some fine soots that leave a very slight residue. Other than that all the dust is removed, the dust cant get past 100 micron filter.

1 Like

Thanks Matt, these filters must be among the best.
A little difficult to buy here in Sweden sadly enough,

1 Like

Filter felt? It should be available it is common use for industrial equipment filter systems.

You may need to look to an industrial supplier. It is not common anywhere unless you know the right source to get it. Here we have industrial supply companies we go through, like McMaster Carr or Grainger. Also check amazon and ebay

3 Likes

Tesla home chargers
included tesla mobile connector 120 volt 15 amp breaker
2 to 3 mile charge per hour
optional adapters many
NEMA 6-50
NEMA 14-50
240 volt 50 amp breaker 32 amp load
20 to 30 mile charge per hour

Tesla wall charger , Install by tesla referred electrician
240 volt 60 amp breaker 48 amp load 11.5 kw
30 to 44 mile charge per hour .

1 Like

Hi Matt
If memory serves, I think you pressurize (with the exhaust gases) the water tank that feeds the drip from your gasifiers?
is that correct?

1 Like

I want to say he uses the OHV breather pulse

2 Likes

Yeah dont use the exhaust it will boil the water!! No you want to use the crank case vent, the hose that comes out your valve cover. That will supply a pulsing high pressure. What I do is place a tee fitting in line of the hose connection to vent it. Just this pulsing is enough to overcome the surface tension from building up. This works great!

3 Likes