Tools, Tips and Tricks

Never heard of that situation, other than look for gas line defects in line or at conections ware gun plugs intoo the base. My old century welder has a rubber adaptor wraped around the liner that keeps air out and gas connection tight ware the mig gun plugs intoo the base area.
Good luck finding.

You might have regulater problems when you run the bottle low.

I use about 10 psi .

1 Like

Try spraying dishwater soap across all the gas related fittings for a possible reaction. Sometimes an imperfect fit is possible when getting a new tank. I’ve experienced this at work and the bubbles appeared. If you have a small leak, outside air can dilute in when gas volume and pressure gets to a low level, which is when you have that problem.

2 Likes

When hooking up tanks to regulators I like to crack the valve a bit to blow out any possible dirt. It is possible that dirt could get into a regulator I’ve been told. Could be BS.

2 Likes

I just found out a friend of mine got arested yesterday with some help of a Argone/CO2 bottle.

Turns out he was driveing a welding machine with a argone/CO2 bottle in the trunk, when it suddanly started to leak. Stoped in the first posible driveway, a nearby pub, and in the rush almost run over some people, then he had no choice thain to empty the bottle. Tha waitress thod he was drunk and dangeorus roaring with that high pressire gas so she called the police, and he did got a free (temporairy) night at the blue hotel.
There was a lot of jokeing today in the pub, the guy got named “the beer tap pressure keeper” and some similar names but the truth is it culd come out much more tragicaly.
Be carefull with compresed gases, expecialy in tight spaces (or cars!!)

8 Likes

Maybe your Argon is mostly diluted with CO2, I don’t know which is lighter in the tank, but I suspect the Argon . Or I may be full of it!

Full of Argon???:grinning:

1 Like

I wonder why he went too jail unless he was drinking too much. Whitch in are countri is some ware around a beer in 1&1/2 hours, and thats one reason i had too quite alcohol, among other reasons.

1 Like

Good luck on quitting the alcohol, you will never regret it. You will soon be tested by the beast, so play it one day at a time and every day you look in the mirror, thank God for the strength to quit. It’s an amazing addiction and comes back to bite every chance it gets. Stay true to the man in the mirror, it ain’t easy, but it sure is rewarding when you can say, " darn, another drug free day and look yourself in the eyes and smile thankfully. Don’t be surprised if you get a tear in your eye once in a while. You can’t lie to the man in the mirror.
I’ve been smiling thankfully for 33 years now. I also quit smoking tobacco New Years morning 1973, but it took another 11 years to rid myself of the scourge of alcohol and I thank God every day for that strength.
Pepe

9 Likes

Sorry, just deleted message. Didn’t realize I was responding to an old post.

So very,very well said Mr Pepe
Make friend with your own reflected mirror person because there is no getting away. You joined at the soul. In it for life.
Wife and I are working mightily on this with the god-daughters Mother about this.
Run-a-way, give them up will be giving up on yourself. You will remain lost, adrift, prey.
Easy meth, and the wrong men beating down her self-image are her demons.
And only YOU can harness/kill your own demons, with fall down pulling up’s, “Getting by, day by day, with a little help from your friends”.
And your true friends can be measured by the one’s never given up on you.
So just makes sense to learn to be the best of friends to your mirror reflected self.
J-I-C Steve Unruh

7 Likes

I wrote this to go with the stoves on another thread, but I suppose it fits better here.

Tip:If there’s a college town near you. find out when the change of quarters/semesters is. The last week of each term, new graduates, full of hopes and dreams of big paying jobs will haul all of their grandparents stuff out to the curb for the trash man to haul away. Mowers, grills, furniture, appliances, clothes, books, bowling balls, you name it…Most of the time it is stuff that the parents inherited from the grandparents when they downsized or died. The youth took it to college and since it is usually of an older generation of stuff, and since they just want to start all over again, they often just get rid of everything. After all, with a new college degree in history or women’s studies they are going to get a great paying job next week anyway, right?:wink:

Take a van or truck…and a trailer. Keep what you need. Give to others what you don’t. Have a yard sale. or find a good charity/thrift store to help out.

It’s actually a fun outing. Like a treasure hunt.

6 Likes

I heard that one about the man in the mirror years ago when attending AA MEETING sent by the judge too keep out of jail and retain a drive licience,if i had not Quit Alcohaul i would have been caught driveing one way or another.I need too thank him for my Quiting as i couldent have done it alone, Allso i quit smokeing , and no way can drink and not smoke, I had too stop coffee for a while allso.Now days i need too Quit drinking coffee, another bad habit, espesially with all the suger i consume with coffee. I quit smoking about 10 or 20 times over 10 years,before finally stoping when the price doubled around 2007.I did bycicle too the bar one time and bought a pack for i think it was about 6 dollors a pack. Smoked half that pack and ended my smoking carrer again.There will be nothing too regrett if you do stop or kick habit. A buddy of mine used too say its easy too quit you stop that motion.he he.

6 Likes

I have quit smoking a number of times, now I think I finally learned my lesson, been quit for over 10 years. I work with a fellow who often would declare he’s quitting, then show up a while later smoking. One day I questioned him, then said, you know, in order to quit, you have to stop putting them in your mouth and lighting them on fire… :smile:

4 Likes

LOL. I love that line Garry.

Every time this subject is mentioned anywhere I can’t help but feel a great wave of gratitude for the fact that I got free from that stuff. I believe I was as addicted to nicotine as anyone who ever lived. Terribly, hopelessly so. I quit by will power for a full year one time, but still wanted it every minute of every day. I credit God with freeing me from it in 2007. Since then I haven’t had the first craving for it…But However you do it, do it…Life is so much better without it.

3 Likes

Agreed. I am just in the throes of renovating an apartment, and a large part of the work has been the decontamination from cigarette tar. What damage! Not worth it just for the physical damage, never mind the health effects. Here we don’t have to rent to smokers, and I never will again.

Though, even after all these years I still think about smoking, it’s quite the addiction.

An example of a first coat over the wall, already cleaned with TSP and solvent.

3 Likes

Yeah, strong addiction. I started dipping skoal when I was 5 and quit smoking when I was 30.

1 Like

Looking thru the eyes of an old builder it seems strange for that door to be hinged so it swings into the room instead of against the wall. Sorry, I can’t help seeing stuff like this. :confused:

6 Likes

I can’t account for the thought process they used back in the early 50’s either. Or it might have been from the original construction well over 100 years ago. It is a closet door. I am less pleased that the original interior framing was about 3" shorter than standard door height, finally addressing that. I should consider reversing that one, good point. Old houses, never ending work and fun. :wink:

2 Likes

What kind of tool or tip are you guys talking about?

4 Likes