Toyota Corolla Charcoal Vehicle Gasifier Project

“i run on YOUR carbon”

“YOUR air pollution is My Fuel”

“Whilst driving i clean the air”

You deserve a big “Thumbs up” for your build Steve… from me for you: :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks, Tom and Koen, for your ideas. Tom, did you have that screen printed onto your truck? It looks nice. Koen, I might have trouble explaining your sign ideas. Can you help me understand the concepts better so I can better relate them to others? I picked up some of this from your recent video under “Some School in Thailand.”

4 Likes

Hi Steve,

It all starts with CO2 from the air… that becomes wood, 1 ,63 kg CO2 gives 1 Kg Wood, 3,3 Kg wood makes 1 Kg Charcoal Carbon… Then that organic carbon becomes a huge organic catalyst in your car, turning a mixture of poluted air into a combustible fuel, drives your car…

Yes you do return CO2 in the process of driving… but overall less then that you adsorb from the air… ( do the math )

Instead of sequestering “biochar” , you use that biochar to replace fossil fuel…

If you drive on wood; then as byproduct you get organic fertilizer/pesticides and biochar + some heavy fuel replacements.
again, you adsorb and process more CO2 then that you produce, replacing a lot of fossil fuel in the process.

The whole process of growing the wood for energy and subsequently using it as fossil fuel replacement does clean the air…

6 Likes

a big sticker for on the DOW car’s

“world wide environmental research project:
This car run’s on wood waste, biochar and airpollution”

This car has a Carbon Reducing footprint

In your car, you keep a small log book, for mileage and consumption and a bunch of foto’s from everywhere,( cars DOW from everywhere ) i even can provide some serious looking certificate’s from ministry of energy ( Thailand ) :grin:
In Thailand, if the police stopped me, i just said : "pom tam dai: ( i can do this ) and showed them my book…

8 Likes

i LIKE IT! Great ideas. How do the emissions from making charcoal affect the principles at work here and statistics you mention?

3 Likes

small scale home owners, use the charcoaling heat for household , heating , hot water… byproduct biochar

Industrial sized: use all your waste heat… (i am working on a 14 Megawatt / hour system as we speak, including using tar and waste plastic )
The system in development is producing less waste then that it uses ( if , for example, we produce 1000 ton of recyclable plastic packaging, we install a system that uses 2 times that much of NRP = non recyclable plastic… and so on )

As long as you replace fossil fuels in a somewhat efficient way, you always beat the fossil fuel system.

If you use fossil fuel, you only ad to the polluting problem… if you use wood instead, then you are part of a solution…

Reduce your use of fossil and replace fossil by Organic carbon… grow your carbon from airpollution…

Hence, you even can make plastic from syngas…

7 Likes

Koen; ‘‘If you drive on wood----------------’’ don’t you end up producing CO2 and a small percentage of ‘’ ash ‘’? Theoretically we used up the charcoal or biochar. Not debating, just don’t understand going from charcoal to fertilizer. Something in there about ''inoculations. TomC

2 Likes

Hi Koen,
Please tell me chemical pathway you are thinking of. Eg. Syngas => MeOH => (Ch3)2O => Olefins …
Rindert

1 Like

“Wood is the Green”
“Wood Power Cleans”
“Wood is Rational”

7 Likes

Koen, thanks for explanations and thanks Steve for more ideas.

I was wondering if this “DOW Signs and Slogans” discussion could warrant its own topic. Is there enough interest to justify it? I have jotted down a few ideas from discussion under other topics, but haven’t noticed where theses ideas have been gathered under a topic. Possibly I have missed it. Just a thought.

5 Likes

Hi Tom,

Yes you do produce Co2 again but in a lesser quantity then that you adsorb during the growing of the wood.

Ashes are fertillizer , so are some components of the condensate…

Main point is, use your words in a way that they are true and plausible…
between white and black, there are many shades of grey…

The big picture: wood fuel is better then fossil fuel to toggle the climate change period.

in the long chain of events, wood grows from air pollution.
Replace fossil fuels with wood fuels to use energy and make the comparing balance…

so many words i could use… They would not matter unless i DO…

3 Likes

Rindert,

That is spot on…
As we know that all is based on: H, C, O…
More then one way to skin a cat…

3 Likes

pneu%20et%20bois

I am in full agreement with your seen things, a flame with tire and wood, incredible …

4 Likes

I refuse to see CO2 as a pollutant.
It is necessary for plant life and trees to live. Isn’t it a nutrient then?

11 Likes

True, but clean water is poisonous too if you drink too much.

5 Likes

What JO sayd. “Dose defines cure from poison”

6 Likes

it is true that water is dangerous,
because the drinking water explodes

4 Likes

word game in french,
the water consumed
is also drunk, from the verb to drink, so phonetically.
his name is that of a shrapnel from the Second World War,
that’s why drinking water is dangerous.

7 Likes

I agree with you . a topic dedicated to arguments that justifies DOW would be helpful

it would be a place, too, to quantify the carbon footprint of our gasification constructions

the numbers are strong arguments, in my opinion! :thinking:

Thierry

2 Likes

50 years of adult life exprences says that you do NOT want to engage on terms/rules set by others.
You do want to put your statement out there in no more than three words.
Do a blink test.
Can you between blinks take notice and imprint those three words? sic, Drive On Wood.

Yeah. Yeah. I broke my own rule with the “the” before the Green.
Ha! But I finger sat not to put Ma’Nature after the Cleans. And left out “ONLY” before Rational.

You want to encourage questions.
But, be prepared to shut down debates.
How when making-power-with-wood?
“I am actually DOing something. Promoting a DIY today DOing. You are not. Promoting nothing really except except still Consuming! Promoting Consuming, just diffidently. Your Different is not better.”

Wood is a product of a tree.
Avoid references to trees as they are now one of the new-Green’s sacred’s.
Never threaten a mans children. Dogs. Or sacred’s. Makes them instantly blind irrational.

5 Likes