Toyota Corolla Charcoal Vehicle Gasifier Project

My question is why would you go to all that effort for a 59 Ford? Other than Thunderbirds, which always had style it wasn’t until 63 that Ford build anything I would want to drive. I did own a 66 mustang hipo and a 1968 mustang 390 that was supposed to run 13’s but could barely break the tires loose. That was a dog with no legs. I had a 62 econline van but I put a 396 chevy in that so it doesn’t really count.

4 Likes

Tom,
Glad you liked the car show video, and thanks for the compliments. “Sanitary?” That’s a different way of describing the “clean” look. I like it.

9 Likes

Thanks for the video Steve . Enjoyed it much :blush:

8 Likes

I decided it was time to do a more professional looking poster to display with the Corolla at car shows. Several DOW folks are represented in it. Thanks to Don Mannes for the original idea, a couple of illustrations, and his history of wood gas from which I used excerpts. You’ll see illustrations of Wayne’s book, Gary Gilmore and his Gravely tractor, David Bailie’s charcoal tractor, and Martin Payne’s Charcoal Honda dirt bike. This, of course, is directed to the US audience.

13 Likes

Wow Steve, you are getting a first place from me. Very professional looking and informative on the pass and present things going on in the world of gasification.
Bob

8 Likes

That’s the best part of DOW Forum, we have all walks and ways of life cooperating on here. Steve has a background in printing.

7 Likes

Bob and Cody, thanks for your comments.

5 Likes