Tractor with gas?

Hi Tone, everything looks good on your gasifier. Looks normal in the hopper area. The air heat exchanger grate design looks like it is working well with the amount of charcoal slipping by. The cooling radiator and piping looks normal. The filter of course wood chips and hay on top with blanket cover must be working well. The filter canister on top is very clean.
Great job on your design work. As they say the prove is in the seeing it work. And it is working good.
Bob

10 Likes

Thanks Tone. What Bob said. Normal. Filter looks super clean.

6 Likes

Excellent video proof Tone.

I like that you started with the black goo-coated upper hopper and lid.

REAL; for-sure used wood gasifiers all do this. The too clean of ones; obviously were never ran much; or ran long.
You did well getting camera focus clarity into the lower below grate area.

And interesting the decrease of walls deposit the farther along the downstream train that you showed.
Best Regards
Steve Unruh

11 Likes

These days, work is underway to restore the village church, yesterday we dug up the ground next to the wall, and here is the drainage material. Of course, all transports were done by my Fergie, this load is about 5 tons + the weight of the trailer is 1 ton.

21 Likes

Wow, it all looks like it is factory build. Very nice!

Stupid question, is it allowed/ is the Fergie capable to tow five tons?

6 Likes

I think the bigger question is will the brakes STOP five tons! Or leave it in low gear and creep using the gears and engine to do the braking

5 Likes

Yes, that is what I mean. I dont really care what is allowed or not. Better not get into trouble.

4 Likes

If you ask the Eskimos how they survive at -40 ° C, or the Arabs how at + 40 ° C with half a liter of water a day, … this is normal for them. I live in hilly terrain, and so does Kristjan, and we have adapted to that. The trailer is home-made and has a truck axle, has excellent brakes and also the drive is coordinated with the tractor, otherwise the cardan shaft is not installed in the picture. Fergie overcomes with this load at least 30% incline, both up or down without fear, … Otherwise, a major breakdown occurred, … the refrigerator in the church stopped cooling and the wine and beer were warm,. but it was a priority to fix it :grinning:

12 Likes

Tone that church has a beautiful interior. When was it built?

9 Likes

Cody, I don’t know exactly, but the church is said to be 400-500 years old

11 Likes

Jan, we neglected this topic a bit, … Today I loaded the tractor with a stone crusher, I need sand for concrete. It needs about 20 hp at 1400 engine revolutions, so almost full torque of this tractor, … he worked three working hours on the meter, and after the time he rumbled 4 hours, consumed 2.5 liters of diesel fuel and 20 kg of wood.

16 Likes

That was an interesting array of sounds you had going on there Tone. Kind of mechanical music. What are you crushing? Limestone? I’ve never seen a tractor mounted stone crusher before.

8 Likes

Great proof of woodgas working Tone.
At 1:03-05 you show your rock face works. So . . . you pneumatic air drive those deep drillings?
Or is that more arm-strong hammer drilling work-out for you?
Metamorphic schist?
Or basalt?
Regards
Steve Unruh

8 Likes

Hi Steve,Tom , I don’t know what kind of stone this is, but I can say that it is somewhere in layers, maybe slate, somewhere very hard and compact, maybe limestone or granite. I first smashed this rock with a hydraulic hammer, then drilled it 2.5 m deep and blew it up. I then cut the bumps again with a hydraulic hammer. Stone, wood and iron, these are the materials I adore and love working with.

11 Likes

I have visited Tones place, what he says is true. His house resembles a medieval castle. Next time l visit l will take some pictures when Tone isnt waching :smile:

11 Likes

Oh Kristjan, you praise me too much, the truth is that nothing is completely finished, just too many projects, …

10 Likes

It seems you have your own quary. Is it possible to mine stone for building purpose on your own property? We can’t without a mining license.

9 Likes

Hello Kamil, construction on a sloping terrain requires considerable intervention in soil or rocks, depending on the base. We have mostly stone and there is always a surplus of material to be removed. I built a simple object in this part, but here I need some more flat space, … so I transform the excess material.

11 Likes

We used to be able to do that kind of stuff. Those were the good old days. You could even buy dynamite at the hardware store.

7 Likes

Report from the first long journey:

• means of transport …tractor with trailer
  • distance 10 km with empty trailer and 10 km with full trailer approx. 3 tonnes load - wood (total weight 5 tonnes)
  • 2 hours on the hour meter , most of it for transport , some for moving around the site , most of the way was gravel forest path with ups and downs , with the load mainly uphill
  • the tractor was running at higher revs and most of the climbs were done on 100% wood gas , interestingly when the load is applied and the pre-chambers in the engine head heat up , it starts to run on wood only and with power comparable to running on diesel fuel , the power is really impressive
  • diesel fuel consumption was only 1 litre, think about that, that would be 5 litres per 100 km, that’s what a modern fuel-efficient diesel car consumes on a straight road
16 Likes