Tractor with gas?

Kamil,
I don’t know your land, but my experience is that farmers always have stone they will give you.
Rindert

3 Likes

I know it’s been mentioned before, but do you guys think it would be worth adding a gasifier to a Ford 8N tractor? It’s an early 50s model but it was just resleeved and rebuilt. Friends brother offered 2300 bucks as the price for it. Most I’d do is some cultivating, and maybe pulling a trailer with it.

3 Likes

There is a lot more you could be doing with it Cody. PTO generator, buzz saw, mower and more.

6 Likes

I figure I could, I just don’t have those attachments right now. We have a bush hog and cultivator right now meant for the Kubota, but a 3 point is a 3 point.

Dad made up a 3 point to Car trailer hitch adapter as well, that would be a big help for processing trees. We have a Common Road going right through the old tree farm so accessibility won’t be too hard.

6 Likes

Well, if it looks anything like this I say go for it.

I’ve actually seen a fair number of conversions at the Old Engine show. A lot of them old Flat head Fords but some big V-8’s.

4 Likes

Nah it’s the stock Jubilee 8n. The Flatheads are easy to work on at least, it’s basically a Model A engine.

3 Likes

Tom, these engines would swallow wood gas and the load behind the tractor would just bounce, that would be an interesting project.

5 Likes

This tractor with a glow head would be unique for wood-fired propulsion, or the installation of one spark plug, or a very small dose of diesel fuel to ignite a large amount of gas, probably only 5% would be enough, … that, in the video, bought in a set, … right JO. :grinning:

9 Likes

Nice equipment. I like the tractor too.

9 Likes

Nice crankup procedure :smile:

8 Likes

JO, I think you like the launcher better than the boot process, … at least to me. :grinning:

6 Likes

A part of me wants to make fun of you old farts but a bigger part of me completely agrees with you :smile:

All jokes to the side, excelent machine. The engine sounds like torque and power. But the exhaust says it needs to be fed with a bucket.

12 Likes

I know I’m old and ridiculous Kristijan. I think there are few things more disgusting than old men ogling young women. That’s why I just think of them like they were baby fawns or goats. Cute as a button. :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Tom, remember @Tone and I, we’re only slightly older than @KristijanL’s father :smile:
To be honest, I hope ya’ll realise there’s a good portion of self-irony involved.

6 Likes

There is probably no man among us who does not admire the beauty of nature, be it beautiful landscapes, animals, plants, … and of course hardworking people, but if this is a lovely girl who drives an interesting tractor, it would be abnormal, if he turned away.
Years ago I was visited by a classmate from primary school and just then my brother Pavel came, who had not seen him for many years and said: “we used to be young and beautiful, but now we are just beautiful” . :grinning:

13 Likes

Today was a hot day, even the tractor was sweating, …

19 Likes

Absolutly wonderful pics, Tone. Right up my alley.

10 Likes

If you are loading those logs onto that trailer by hand then I recind my challenge to arm wrestle you. Actually that challenge was only made in my delusional brain.

11 Likes

Tone you are certainly a man who can put his money where his mouth is. All the hard work has paid off for this tractor, it’s WOW, Working On Wood.

8 Likes

Tom, if you take a good look at the first picture, I have a lifting arm on the winch to lift the logs, fergie did the hard work

10 Likes