Tractor with gas?

Hi Giorgio , maybe the brass insert is there way of making a home made " Heli coil " if you take it out you could always put the original size back in using a heli coil
Dave

3 Likes
4 Likes

Giorgio, in Acme engines, the spark plug usually has a larger thread diameter, when I installed the NKG LPG1 spark plugs, I crushed and knocked out the ceramic insulation on the existing one, drilled a hole and cut a M 14x1.25 thread, this is standard for most engines, well, if destroyed thread in the head, then it is necessary to make a larger thread and a bridging bushing. Will the spark be strong enough to ignite the mixture in the high-compression engine, I don’t know, I hope it will, otherwise I will try ignition from the battery,…

6 Likes

Some progress on the “tuning” of the LA 490 engine, I sanded the intake and exhaust duct a little, changed the valve guides, sanded the valve seats,… I need to shorten the valve stems and the tube, which is actually the stem housing,…

10 Likes

what kind of spark plug is this…?
it is from the yellow motorcultivator…
better for future chargas application…?
ciao giorgio

4 Likes

Is the spark plug made by Autolite?

I have one similar to this.

The idea is to have more sparks for even burn.

4 Likes

Yeah makes sence… but l have yet to be proven that that actualy works. Electricity takes the path of least resestance and all pegs will never be the exact same distance

7 Likes

I have a slightly different one, where the legs are cast or sintered into the body of the plug. Mine only has 3 legs as well and you’re apparently supposed to gap it to have the open side facing the exhaust valve(s).

I consider it more of a spark redundancy. There’s been a few tests on them on YouTube.

I have one in the hot built Honda Clone for the motorbike project.

5 Likes

the spark plug is from ngk japan…
interesting film cody…

has someone experience with changing oil thigtening rings -simmerring -
at the orange motorcultivator seems they must be changed…we opened the screws, but the axle not goes off moves only one or two millimeters outwards…

it is the wheel side where the lever for the differential blocking is…the screw where i have positioned the screwdriver is not a oil-level screw, turning it seems there is some spring inside like it sounds and is not to drive out by hand when a bit opened…before damaging something better asking for good tips here from the experts, we thought…

2 Likes

You will probably have to unscrew the screws in the middle and dismantle the whole leg, … drain the oil first, … I do the sealing with sealing compound instead of the damaged seals, it also works very well with the gasifier.

2 Likes

Those sparkplugs are often mounted in VW / Audi, Bosch or Ngk made.

4 Likes

On spark plug types you can experiment and use different types on small single cylinder engines; and old Dumb-Dumb carbureted, no computer engines.
I have found that the E-3 types do start quicker, better on my small engines. I even got bold and put some in my 2-stroke Stihl saws. Works well.

BUT . . . do not use alternative types in modern computer-controlled vehicles!!
These all after the late 1990’s actually measure for each cylinder’s crankshaft acceleration power contribution. Not sensing any; then assumes to be a pollution pumping miss-fire. Pumping a cylinder full of unburned fuel hydrocarbons spewed. And O2 sensor fooling unburned oxygen causing the other cylinders to be over fueled then.
Later engine from GM, Toyota and others even use the detected ionization energy of the spark plug to calculate for NOx controlling. Nitrous oxides being less conductive. Fool the system that with a weird assed super spark plug and the system will reach back and bite you in the ass with un-necessary going into LIMP-Home mode or completely just not allowing any spark or fuel.

The ex-Master Auto Techs hard learned voice of too many bad experiences here. Vehicle coming in with code and running problems - first thing pull and inspect the spark plugs. Condtion, sure. But brand and type. Ha! Then argue to put in the factory correct ones. I learned I had to do this often paying out of my own pocket to prove this point.
Just like I had to hide a 2 1/2 gallon of gasoline to prove bad gauges. Or pump out half tanks of non-recommended gasoline and put in my own in to prove drivability points.
I saved a lot personal money and frustrations retiring early.
Steve Unruh

11 Likes

Be careful if your Stihl saw use a resistor type plug as original, sometimes hard to tell, Stihl i believe put their own name and own code on their plugs, if using a non-resistor type on a saw with “electronic” ignition will work well, but reduce the life-span of the ignition module significantly, around to two years in homestead/firewood use.
This is probably the “noise” and peak’s ringing back in the coil destroying it.
And yes, the plugs on a modern car does alot more than just ignite the fuel-mix. And: bad plugs often destroys those sensitive coil-on-plug’s, i changed three on a BMW last week, customer had saved 4×15$ by not changing plugs, instead he lost 2×360$ on two new coils…

6 Likes

Willing to put your money where your mouth is, mark of a damn good tech. I only did that once, customer wouldn’t believe me they had a cracked flywheel. Said ill pull the trans and if its not cracked its on me. It was a little worse then cracked, it had pieces missing laying in the bottom of the bell housing. I have heard enough horror story’s of aftermarket plugs in late model engines I have never dabbled in them

9 Likes

Goran plays with saws, and I play with lawn mowers… the machine is ready, the compression is like on a diesel engine, but the power… abnormal

15 Likes

Fantastic :smiley: what do you fuel it? High octane?
It sounds like a ww1 propeller airplane.

6 Likes

Tone we need to buy a new camera and microphone for you! I’d like to hear how these engines really sound.

8 Likes

Yeah, compression is so high it sounds like a diesel!

And I have seen how strong your arms are,the poor little Lombardini doesnt give up :smile: :smile:

And another thing, I really like the cutter. I am looking for something like that. Much better for the little animals in the grass then the one I am using right now.

7 Likes

I got no words. This is insane. I got no dubt that this runing on woodgas will make as much or more power thain the stoch kerosene engine with the 1/6 or so cr.

7 Likes

Cody, Tone offered me the service of grinding off the head on my engine. Seeing this video, l think l will be visiting Tone soon, and bring my camera :smile:

10 Likes